S3 Hatchback/Sportback Rear Springs

Sheltie333

Reaction score
Hi Folks, I've had a rear spring pop on my 2010 3dr S3 . I'm needing a quick fix and have access to a 2010 5dr S3's rear spring. Apologies if this has been asked before or is a daft question ... will the rear spring from the 5dr be compatible with my 3dr?

Cheers
Jack

I'm pretty sure the Sportback is about 70kg heavier at the rear, I'd have to assume the standard rear springs are different to compensate?

Without checking with a dealer the only thing you could do is check the colours on your 3 dr spring and compare the colour to the spring your looking to buy.

Thanks for the replies guys. Muzza80, that was my concern, I couldn't find any evidence online that said the 2 are different so I thought I may have been lucky, but best to be safe rather than sorry. Marshy, thats a good idea, I will see if the seller can do that for me.

Unless someone on here wod look under their sportback and see what colours are on theirs.
I'm at work or I would've.

Thanks Marshy, I've bitten the bullet and gone for a new one due to needing the car asap. However it would be interesting to see if they are the same, if you could let me know next time you've been under the car that would be great, I have 3 purple dots.

Nice S3 btw, would love to treat mine with a Stage 2+ down the line, have you found it to be a large improvement?

Well mate I've just been out and looked for you and mine has 3 purple dots too.
So obviously the same springs on sportback and hatch.
Loving stage 2+ everytime I drive it I'm amazed!
Unbelievable that you run something with that power and still easily achieve 30mpg when driven quick but sensibly.