Custom projectors

if your thinking custom then get those in the link and make them fit ?

My friend has tried that but drilling the back hole to make the h7 fit, then the clip to hold the bulb doesnt fit anymore.

Thanks

The problem is not the projector, but the bulbs that come with it & the ballast you will need to power them.
They will most likely kill your wiper motor.

Trups can supply these projector kits, aswell as HiD kits for the 8P.

I have custom bi-xenons from the retro fit source.

They should be wiper motor safe.

I bought the FXR 3.0. I ended up buying 3.0" version but probably a bit too big in fairness as they were a swine to custom install.

For an easy install the mini morimito (or whatever they're called) are better.

Been in my car a few month and been fine, and if it does blow ill just buy a replacement one from eBay. This will still come in cheaper than fetching one of your kits :) win win in my eyes that, would you not agree?

Been in my car a few month and been fine, and if it does blow ill just buy a replacement one from eBay. This will still come in cheaper than fetching one of your kits :) win win in my eyes that, would you not agree?

First of all.
Some wiper motors fail within 24h, but in some case they fail after 2 or 3 years.

Just like this guy from Audi forum in Portugal:
preciso de ajuda

Basically he was saying out loud that his wiper motor was working perfect after 1-2 years of using an aftermarket HID kit.
Until 2 years later his wiper motor broke & needed help to solve the problem.
Besides the motor, his aftermarket HID broke also other components (09 control module)
He was basically saying same thing as you, but at the end he contact us to fix his broken motor.
Spent money on a HID he can not use anymore + money for wiper motor + more money for control module.
And after spending all that money he is driving with halogen bulbs.

Second of all.
Is not easy to find used wiper motors for Audi A3.
I know because i was looking for one & I was not able to find it.
Before people had no choice but to end up in the Audi dealer and spend about £300 for the repair.
Because of that we found a way to repair the broken wiper motor for much less. (about £44)

Anyway, IMHO, is better do things right from the beginning & be safe.
You will end up with less headaches & spending less money.
It doesn't worth the hassle in my opinion just to save a couple of £.
I doubt the problem is the price of our HID kits, we sell HID from £30
Only our special HID for A3 is a bit more expensive than other HID, because they work like OEM HID do.

Right now we have a client from France that broke his wiper motor using an aftermarket HID.
He bought one used wiper motor from ebay in Germany that doesn't work.
Had to return the motor to Germany paying for shipment.
He has been without motor for about 2-3 weeks, having lots of problem driving because he can't see anything when raining.
Now he has to send his broken motor to us to be repaired.
About 1 month without being able to use his wiper blades...
He had to buy RainX to be able to use the car meanwhile.
Tell me how all this hassle is worth it?? :huh:

Last edited:
Im all for the little monopoly your trying to set up, but all i am doing is letting the OP know his options.

I dont know what websites your looking on but eBay have a large handful of the buggers all ranging in price: audi a3 8p front wiper motor | eBay

TBH i cba with another thread full of your advertising pitches because all you need to do is type Audi A3 HID into google and your adverts spam all the top hits on the forums.

And pleasee, to do things right from the begining is to fit OEM lights, not ****ty HID into halogen lenses.

Im happy that you are making a killing with these group buys and all that, but please GTFO with the adverts/sales pitches when people are asking questions around the HID subject. You are not the be all and end all of HID's on audi a3's.

And in my eyes yes, hassle is worth it if you are going to be saving £ $ regardless of amount. Some of us work hard for our money and every saving is a +.

Also "Pierre" was not forced to send the unit to you was he? He could have simply gone and fetched a new one and fit it.

Anyway im off to the gym. rant over.

Im all for the little monopoly your trying to set up, but all i am doing is letting the OP know his options.

I dont know what websites your looking on but eBay have a large handful of the buggers all ranging in price: audi a3 8p front wiper motor | eBay

TBH i cba with another thread full of your advertising pitches because all you need to do is type Audi A3 HID into google and your adverts spam all the top hits on the forums.

And pleasee, to do things right from the begining is to fit OEM lights, not ****ty HID into halogen lenses.

Im happy that you are making a killing with these group buys and all that, but please GTFO with the adverts/sales pitches when people are asking questions around the HID subject. You are not the be all and end all of HID's on audi a3's.

And in my eyes yes, hassle is worth it if you are going to be saving £ $ regardless of amount. Some of us work hard for our money and every saving is a +.

Also "Pierre" was not forced to send the unit to you was he? He could have simply gone and fetched a new one and fit it.

Anyway im off to the gym. rant over.

Excuse me?
When you type Audi A3 HID all you can find is info about our HID because they are the only ones safe for the A3.
People in every forum is making reviews after using this HID & they made Group Buys in 5 different countries.
If it bothers you so much you should better contact them & forbid them to talk about it.

SPAM?
We pay a fee to this forum and others to be able to offer our product, just like any other forum sponsors.
Is not easy to become Sponsor, it takes months & need to have something special to offer. There are many other HID companies out there.

We cooperate with the most important Audi forums in Europe.
- France: A3forum.fr
- Spain: audisport-iberica.com
- Portugal: Audisportfans.com
- UK: Audi-sport.net

You lack some education. You are nobody to talk to me like that.
I'd recommend you to save money from the GYM & spend some of it in a school.

The OP is about to install a HID kit that will most likely blow his wiper motor away.
I think he deserve to know all his options & definitely about the problems aftermarket HID kit brings to the A3.

Tell everybody to install aftermarket HID kits on their A3 if you want.
You are lucky & your motor still working so far, but others are not so lucky.
Most of people in the forum already knows that is very risky & not cheap to fix.

Last edited:
Hi Guys, Thanks for all the advice but ive fitted HID's to my a3 without any problem and i doubt there will be any problems as ive got friends that have had normal hids in for over 3 years without problems.

@Welldonehids: i thank you for your help but i didnt mention that i already have hids installed. i just need the projectors as im using my temp lights atm. Thanks

I dont plan to fit hid's into reflector units as im aware of the blindness it causes to others so i do consider this :)

I am looking into buying the projectors and nothing else.

Thanks

Lol you humor me, and yes granted you are "now" a sponsor after playing a few different roles on your BlazeDani account..... but anyway pointless bringing that **** back to life,

Sponsor or no sponsor why do you jump onto every thread about HIDs? Is business really that bad? Posts like these are made for info, not bombarding with sales pitches.

And a eduction? Im quite proud of my foundation degree and full time job at 20/21 as a mech engineer thanks.

Man just go onto google and type HID in, every forum you contribute to is a fooking sales pitch.
Night, 2Hat.