R8 Brakes, which disks?

thetrashcanman

Reaction score
Hi all, just bought some R8 calipers for my S3, but am wondering what discs I can/should pair with this and where to get them from, any help is greatly appreciated :)

I had 362mm AP Racing 2-piece discs on with mine, and you'll need custom mounting brackets to fit the calipers.

I had 362mm AP Racing 2-piece discs on with mine, and you'll need custom mounting brackets to fit the calipers.

Where is the best place to get those from mate? and I'm guessing they will not fit under 18" rims?

The brake guru is Daveb1970. He sorted me out with a set of AP Racing 362mm x 32mm discs and fitting kit for my R8 brakes, which is the caliper carriers and associated bolts. In reality you'd be lucky to get away with them under 18's, but it's possible and they would need to have a pretty low offset and a straight spoke pattern. I had 19" x 8.5J MTM Bimotos with ET50 and they fit well under those. If you can't get hold of Dave, perhaps send N8 a PM as he can get source the required parts for you also.

Hope this helps.

Paula :)

Reactions: MartayMcFly
The brake guru is Daveb1970. He sorted me out with a set of AP Racing 362mm x 32mm discs and fitting kit for my R8 brakes, which is the caliper carriers and associated bolts. In reality you'd be lucky to get away with them under 18's, but it's possible and they would need to have a pretty low offset and a straight spoke pattern. I had 19" x 8.5J MTM Bimotos with ET50 and they fit well under those. If you can't get hold of Dave, perhaps send N8 a PM as he can get source the required parts for you also.

Hope this helps.

Paula :)

Cheers that's great, would you mind PM'ing us how much you paid for the AP discs and the fitting fit, and yeah looking at the size of them I don't think I will get away with them under 18" either now, I have actually just seen some MTM bimoto's for sale on here which I think would really suit my car :D

I have sent N8 a PM, but have had no reply as of yet, will message Dave and see if he can get back to me

Thanks very much for the help Paula :)

Reactions: Paullie
Dave is often very busy,so he may take some time to get back to you,but he is THE man.

Give Alex at AKS a call:

ABOUT - AKStuning

He deals with the retail side more for Dave now or so im told when I called a few weeks back.

Dave is often very busy,so he may take some time to get back to you,but he is THE man.

Give Alex at AKS a call:

ABOUT - AKStuning

He deals with the retail side more for Dave now or so im told when I called a few weeks back.

Cheers Alex I will message him I am in no massive rush to bolt them on, got lots of other things I want to do to the car and need to get some wheels first too :D

Thanks Muzza I will give him a ring

Reactions: S3Alex
Yeah, DaveB made my carriers too. The R8 brembos will (just) fit under the standard S3 18" wheels with spacers on as the spokes will foul on the caliper with the standard offset.

Yeah, DaveB made my carriers too. The R8 brembos will (just) fit under the standard S3 18" wheels with spacers on as the spokes will foul on the caliper with the standard offset.

Yeah I've just found a picture actually with the R8 callipers under my wheels, but will probably end up going for some 19" rotors for the extra room and extra tyre width :D