2005 A3 wing mirror help!!

CrisCronin

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

So some little scrote after the England match decicded he would kick my wing mirror off!

Phoned some scrappies today and they've all asked me whether ithe replacement is for a 3 or 5 door

I'm pretty sure they're going to be the same but can any one confirm for me please?

I need a black electric and heated drivers side wing mirror for a 2004-2008 - if anyone knows of any about...

cheers everyone!

3 and 5 door mirrors have different base plates so maker sure it's of the same vehicle before buying.

Cheers fella!

Got new ones in today and managed to get the door card off and stuff..

But how the f*ck do you get the wire through the door?!

There's two ways to do this, 1st is to unplug mirror from door module, remove the electrical connector from the housing, just slide out, then take a photo of both sides of connections numbered 1-8 one side and 9-16 on the other if I remember right.
Then disc disconnect each one by pushing the pin through the hole and pull out.

Then Tape a draw wire on the cables and pull cable out from outside the car, it is hard as it's clipped in but does come out.

Then on new mirror take of plug again and tape it to draw Wire and pull them back into the car. Use photo to remember connections and put back together and plug in job done.

2nd is remove door frame from the door via all the bolts, then cable comes out with connector still on this way.