Fitting New Pedals

wilko

Top Gear
Reaction score
How easy is it to fit new alu pedals? Looking at the below pic it looks really easy but... saying that it'll probably be really hard. When you order them from vag parts do you get fitting instructions with them?

721700.png

Hello mate,

If you want the pedals give me a shout as I can get them for less than Vag-Parts. And I'll post them out to you at cost unlike Vag-Parts

Fitting them is dead easy, removing the accle pedal is the hardest part as you need to give it some beef to get the old one off. Your looking at about 10 minutes to swap them over.

Drop me a pm if you would like a price on a set and let me know if it is manual or DSG.

J.

MB, wouldnt mind a quote on those pedals too if thats possible?

Thanks STEVE......

My motor is a manual ..........
Thanks.

Gents I've requested a price for you and I should have it tomorrow morning, I'm assuming you'll want them delivered.

I've been ordering a lot of stuff from him of late so I should be able to get them for about the same as last time.

The manual sets were slightly dearer than the DSG at around £58 plus delivery which is £5.30 for next day insured via the post office.

J.

Sounds fine to me, and yes delivered would be great.

I'm away from a computer (thank the lord) on Thursday/Friday but we'll hopefully sort it before then or afterwards, just keep me posted on what you find out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

How do you require paying, cheque?

I take it fitting is simple? I haven't changing anything as important as the brake pedel before....!!

The brake and clutch pedals are just covers so it's nice and straight forward no technical ability required!

The accel pedal is a nut and and brute force technique

Either cheque or bank transfer is fine with me. I'll get a firm price tomorrow morning and give you a shout.

J.

Recieved my pedals from Marriedblonde this morning and true to his word you can fit them in 10 mins! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif The hardest bit I found was actually disconnecting the cable from the accelerator pedel. Other than that just used my brain and off the old ones came!

There are some grooves near the outside edge which if you slide a screw driver into and push a little the whole pedal just becomes loose.

Looks the business /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif (i'd upload a photo but I'm getting a server error when trying to upload it - i'll try again tomorrow.

Thanks again MarriedBlonde!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Finally some pics of my pedals (can't you tell i'm well pleased with myself)!! Sorry for some reason (probably cos I've been sat infront of a compuer all day) I can't srink the pic!

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif

Looking smart Wilko!!! I love them pedals and the Alu trim on the doors is gorgeous..

Once I get my finance through (tomorrow hopefully) I`ll be in mod heaven.

Did you fit the alu trim yourself or was it std?

It was fitted from when I purchased the car, but looking at it now I might buy the brushed ally inlays (they are the fishscale inlays at the mo).

Clicky

Wilko let me know if your after the ally inlays as I am planning on ordering some for myself.

Dik if you want a st of pedals let me know and I'll sort you out a price.

J.

How much are they? And how easy are they to remove/fit?

I wasn't looking at doing it yet, it's more of a probably will do at somepoint project. The fishscales are ok but on the corners it's starting to wear already (when looking close up) and doesn't look as good a brushed ally would.

You might want to take a deap breath... £254 including Vat but not delivery thats for the full set of front and back, 6 pieces if I remember correctly.

J.

Mmmm might leave it for a while... they are £259 on vag-parts (not including delivery).

Hi mb, yes would like a price on the pedal kit for a dsg, then I can start saving!!

Cheers

Dik