Aux cable straight into Audi Concert?

alex91

Reaction score
Hi, all I want to do is add an aux input to my standard single din 2004 concert radio. (sounds so simple)

I have seen many people talking about wiring it through the CD changer, but I don't have a changer.

In my car, where a telephone box was connected, there is a wire from 2 pins leading to a 3.5mm jack, which I believe must have outputted sound.
See below..

AudiConcertAux

Using the aux as it is, does not seem to play any sound when I plug my phone/ipod in. I also tried putting the radio into CDC (cd changer mode)

Here is the diagram..

AudiConcertDiagram

Does anyone know if using this 2 pin aux cable will work and where it should be connected?

Maybe I should try it in the cd changer conector, but I can't locate that from the diagram.

Please help!!

Thanks

Attachments

• AudiConcertAuxPin.jpg
    AudiConcertAuxPin.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 4,103
I have aux on my single din concert too, using a connects2 box, its not wired through the CD changer, it plugs into the CD changer PORT that your stereo does have

not sure how to do it using the aux input thingy that you have though

I'm afraid you will not be able to have aux on that head unit, it's too old and wasn't an option when new, best way is as stated is using a connect 2 unit which plugs into cd changer port.

Thanks for your advice.

I already had a Sony head unit, so I went ahead and installed this instead, which cost me £30 for adapters!!

So now I have Aux connection but there is no radio reception! Do you know which aerial adapter I need?