Are S3 bottom arms alloy?

A19quattro

Reaction score
I have been considering possibilities for different bottom arms for my TDI quattro. I was told S3 arms were alloy and also that TT/TTRS ones fit and so on.
Euro car parts don't list S3 arms as being alloy, they only list pressed metal or cast metal arms and when I E.Mailed them they advised they have "no alloy arms in stock" at the moment, Mmmmm...
I approached another supplier and they have advised S3s don't have alloy arms, just cast metal. They have offerred me TT arms which are alloy, with elongated holes for the balljoints, which sounds to me just like TTRS ones.
Now I know these are longer and I didn't really want the hassle of the change in track and having to then sort out the rear, so this has brought me back to my original question, are S3 arms actually Alloy or just case metal, like the ones already on my car?
Should say, I am not against using the OE ones, just thought the weight saving may be beneficial, doing a biger brake upgrade so this will increase weight/maybe balance out against each other.
Also wondered if standard arms, either alloy or cast could be modified to take adjustable ball-joints, anyone any experience/advice?

S3 bottom arms are alloy,a lot of decent big brake kits will be lighter anyway as the calipers themselves will be lighter but depends on the disk set up on the set you choose to say they will be and as for non-oe bottom arms super pro do bottom arms and its either the bottom arms or the ball joints they do which are adjustable to get various camber settings : Supaloy

I have been considering possibilities for different bottom arms for my TDI quattro. I was told S3 arms were alloy and also that TT/TTRS ones fit and so on.
Euro car parts don't list S3 arms as being alloy, they only list pressed metal or cast metal arms and when I E.Mailed them they advised they have "no alloy arms in stock" at the moment, Mmmmm...
I approached another supplier and they have advised S3s don't have alloy arms, just cast metal. They have offerred me TT arms which are alloy, with elongated holes for the balljoints, which sounds to me just like TTRS ones.
Now I know these are longer and I didn't really want the hassle of the change in track and having to then sort out the rear, so this has brought me back to my original question, are S3 arms actually Alloy or just case metal, like the ones already on my car?
Should say, I am not against using the OE ones, just thought the weight saving may be beneficial, doing a biger brake upgrade so this will increase weight/maybe balance out against each other.
Also wondered if standard arms, either alloy or cast could be modified to take adjustable ball-joints, anyone any experience/advice?

S3 arms are alloy or just bite the bullet and get these, they fit A3 and come with uprated bushes and ALK. Add supaloy adjustable joints for the complete set.

Buy VW Golf Mk6 Alloy Front Lower Control Arm/Wishbone & Bush Kit SuperPro 'Supaloy' by PRI Racing Ltd. buy online

Nice stuff, nice price also though, do you know anyone that has them fitted, are they worth the money?

Well its 160 for the ALK and 40 quid for the front bush + alloy arms ??? you'll want to sort the handling out over stock so not a bad bet if you only have steel bottom arms not good if you have an s3 tho

Cheers for the info guys, glad someone knows what they are talking about. I guess these must come from newer S3s rather than ones around the age of my car (2005), does anyone know if the dimensions are exactly the same and for that matter are the suspensions set ups the same? They changed the front ends about 2009 when the engines changed I believe.