Auto dimming mirror

Why would changing the screen be an issue for you?

you say you're not interested in changing your windscreen and Nigel asked you why are you concerned about changing the windscreen when it's not necessary and then you reply "Why bother when that does the job I want to it without changing my windscreen". So now I am really confused :(

you say you're not interested in changing your windscreen and Nigel asked you why are you concerned about changing the windscreen when it's not necessary and then you reply "Why bother when that does the job I want to it without changing my windscreen". So now I am really confused :(

I dont see the point in changing the windscreen to fit the OEM auto dimming mirror when I can buy the one I linked to which fits on the existing mount

My understanding is the mounting bracket for the OEM auto dimming mirror is different from the one I have and the only way to fit it is by having the windscreen replaced with the correct mount fitted. It was the case with my MK4 when I retro-fitted an auto-dimming mirror to that. I wasnt bothered about replacing the windscreen on that as it had several severe chips which were beyond repair

My current windscreen is nigh on perfect so I dont see the point in replacing it if I dont need to

So please correct me if im wrong about the mount :)

Often mirror comes with mount adapter. Check with seller. Should be ready to fit and take live from over head lighting.

8E0 857 511 is auto-dim without rain sensor, just bought one for mine.

8E0 857 511 | eBay

If you just want it to work as dimming then you only need 2 pins wired, pin 1 for 12v switched and pin 2 for ground.

You need male plug 4B0 971 833 to plug into the mirror harness.

Reactions: Rhyso