on/off clutch issue

wuta3

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a weird situation going on with the clutch, but don't wanna pay to have it looked at without getting some forum advice first. My clutch is a sachs organic and OEM DMF (new with sachs fitting). No map at the minute;

Here's what's up:

1. 1st->2nd shift occasionally stiff, worse in the morning/not warm engine. The revs might be lagging a bit when changing, not much, but a bit. Can be fine for weeks, then stiff for a few days.
  2. Harsh clutch engagement, very clunky. Worse when changing down/engine braking. Again, happens occasionally, not all the time. I'll have a few days of clunky clutch, then it's smooth as butter.
  3. Occassional waft of clutch smell under normal driving, notice it more reversing but might be paranoia/noticing other driver's clutch smells when out and about.

Anyone had anything like this? What was your outcome?

Possibly clutch release bearing.

Do you get any whistling or a chirping noise when changing in low gears?

I'd like to think when you had your clutch fitted the release bearing was replaced at the same time?
How long has the clutch been fitted and how many miles has it covered

I'd like to think when you had your clutch fitted the release bearing was replaced at the same time?
How long has the clutch been fitted and how many miles has it covered

Yea they said they replaced it, done about 4k if that. It has only started playing up in the last few months or so.

Yea they said they replaced it, done about 4k if that. It has only started playing up in the last few months or so.

Same issue here mate, would love to know if you get this resolved.