Badger5AH Fabrications
Results 1 to 4 of 4
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wuta3

Thread: To amp or not to amp

  1. #1
    S3 AEX's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    222

    To amp or not to amp

    Just a quickie for anyone who may know, I'm having trouble with the sound in my S3 which I think or more or less know is linked to the bose amp. I had the common problem of water leaking on to the amp which has resulted in me having no sound from the bose system for a whole day or sometimes just now n then.

    I'm going to manchester to pick one up from a breakers for £150 but before I go an shell out I just want to be certain that it is the amp that's causing it, I'm 95% sure could some one just give me the other 5%.

    Cheers Fellow 8p's

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    wuta3's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Manchester/Sheffield
    Posts
    1,075
    off topic, but I always wanted to build a tube amp in to a car dash.
    ​​Programmer/Web Developer, Headphone/Amp Geek
    06 SLine Special Edition Phantom Black 2.0T FSI Quattro A3
    Done: P-Flo, RevD, Sachs Organic, Milltek TBE + Res + Sports cat
    Wanted/Next:Intercooler, HPFP, Remap

  4. #3
    S3 AEX's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by wuta3 View Post
    off topic, but I always wanted to build a tube amp in to a car dash.
    I hope you've got over that idea!!

  5. #4
    wuta3's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Manchester/Sheffield
    Posts
    1,075
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 AEX View Post
    I hope you've got over that idea!!
    Na, in my head I look in the rear-view mirror and see glowing tubes in-place of my parcel shelf.
    S3 AEX likes this.
    ​​Programmer/Web Developer, Headphone/Amp Geek
    06 SLine Special Edition Phantom Black 2.0T FSI Quattro A3
    Done: P-Flo, RevD, Sachs Organic, Milltek TBE + Res + Sports cat
    Wanted/Next:Intercooler, HPFP, Remap

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale A4 / S4 saloon Bose Amp, Subwoofer, 4 x door speakers (but tweeters not available)
    By nickb834 in forum For Sale/Wanted - Audi Parts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28th April 2014, 19:30
  2. Running amp off of bose amp?
    By Tomo13 in forum In-Car Entertainment
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2nd February 2014, 10:32
  3. oem sub and amp not working b5 facelift
    By lakerko in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 8th July 2013, 11:31
  4. Front Speaker - Amp or not to amp?
    By RICH2JOSH in forum In-Car Entertainment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29th April 2010, 18:07
  5. A4 amp - Bose or Not? V. confused!!
    By DrNo in forum In-Car Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14th March 2008, 00:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO