Brake Fluid Change & New Tyres

adamrawling

Reaction score
I'm after some advise please:

1. My car is serviced according to the Audi Variable Servicing thing.

The computer says the 2nd service is due in 5600 miles time, which will bring the total mileage to about 37,000miles when the service is due.

I had a postcard today from the stealers, saying that the car needs it's brake fluid changed now as the car's nearly 2 years old (it's birthday is in April).

Does this need doing at 2 years, or can it wait another 4 months until I'll it goes for the 2nd service?

2. My front tyres are possibly bordering on illegal now. It's shod with Michelin Pilots (225/45 R17) at present. What would you recommend as replacements?

Many thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

My favourite tyre is the Goodyear Eagle GSD3 F1 quite a few of us have them fitted and rate them. Good for grip, good for wear and a reasonable price. What more could you ask for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

J.

I've just Googled those Goodyear Eagle GSD3 F1's - I really like the tread pattern - looks cool!

As my rear tyres have got loads of tread left, I don't know what to do.

Would the handling go a bit weird if I put F1s on the front and kept the original Michelins on the rear for the time being?

What's everyone else done?

The guy I spoke to at National Tyres on Wednesday said that he'd keep well away from Goodyears as he's has so many let him down in the past. He also mentioned Nigel Mansell experience with Goodyears... I think he was a bit bitter, but surely he knows his stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif