Pressed Plates and De-Badging - subtle and simple

TDI_TIM

Top Gear
Reaction score
So took advantage of the sunny afternoon yesterday and fitted my pressed plates (£19.99 from eBay) and then debadged the rear. Pretty easy to do, just used hot water with fairy liquid in to loosen off the dirt / grease etc.. then used a couple of dental floss wands / toothpick ones to pry underneath, pulled off the numbers and letters and then started to peel off the sticky foam. Once off there was a residue of the glue so I used some turtle wax tar and sap remover - came off in seconds! Now its perfectly smooth and you'd never know there was writing there before.

2 subtle mods that really improve the look of the rear!

Pressed plates on
IMG 4182

Debadged - cleaning products still in view :)
IMG 4183

Rear and Front after pics :)

Photo 1Photo 2

As always - let me know your thoughts!!

Reactions: GGG_666, nezz, 45bvtc and 2 others
Never really been a fan of pressed plates but debadging is a must do.

Looks good!

big fan of the pressed plates, got the same ones from the bay myself.

definitely going to have to debadge also!

Like pressed plates but, sadly yours may be illegal as they don't seem to have a BS mark nor the postcode of the maker. Not sure if it was you who was originally asking about pressed plates but, I warned someone recently about some similar ones on ebay. Seller says the are road legal but, sadly they aren't.

Hopefully you wont get bothered by the boys in blue.

link to the pressed plates? don't know which ones to go for on ebay

is there a definitive answer on whether pressed plates are legal or not or is it upto the plod that pulls you over?

Like pressed plates but, sadly yours may be illegal as they don't seem to have a BS mark nor the postcode of the maker. Not sure if it was you who was originally asking about pressed plates but, I warned someone recently about some similar ones on ebay. Seller says the are road legal but, sadly they aren't.

Hopefully you wont get bothered by the boys in blue.

Ummmmm.... I think you will find you're wrong

Photo

Reactions: SPARTAN91
I ordered a set, the quality was shocking. Their logo was absolutely *****. They are currently sat on my carpet. I put proper plates on.

I can't argue with these. Yes they are aluminium but they feel firm enough to me. Can bend if applied pressure but that's good as the front bumper is curved anyway....

I used the 3m sticky tape provided - very adhesive so make sure you line it up right first time otherwise you will struggle to pull them off. Luckily mine fitted right first time. But I've tried pulling them off and they are stuck right on there!!

Reactions: smartycfc
I just wanted to chip in with a thumbs up for the ebay pressed plates mentioned above (Autostyle - ebay seller unit67) :thumbs up:
I ordered mine last week, quick delivery and good quality item. Fitted them today and they look great, nice and clean. Car has already been de-badged, always a must do.

Reactions: lewi89
Are they actually legal ??? I can see them bringing unwanted attention round here I want as few reason to get a tug as poss

I prefer the before look.. each to their own though bud, as long as it pleases the owner I say!

They are definitely legal, I've had mine for a year and never been pulled up (not for the plates anyway!)

Got mine from ukmetalplates.com - excellent quality and still look brand new!

I've got these exact plates, was pulled recently and the police claim they are illegal

What reason did they give? I'm pretty sure these plates are reflective, which is one of the major issues whether they're legal/illegal.