Audi A3 2.0T S Line Audi HELP !!

atownsend91

Reaction score
Hi All,

So I've just recently purchased this lovely looking car... its a 56 plate everything is smooth apart from...

I need some way of getting an AUX cable fitted to my car...

my predicament... i'm reading numerous posts about this same kind of situation...

My Car internals lol
  • Concert 2 Soundsystem (cd player single DIN slot)
  • Bose Speakers
  • No Sub
  • Song information on HUD
  • Volume control via steering wheel
  • No CD changer
  • Unsure if I have CD changer functionality (nothing happens when I press CD button twice)
All I want is just a headphone port (Aux in) port for my sound system...

Does anyone have any idea how I can do it?

is it easier to get rid of the bose sound system and put in my own head unit? i dont need anything fancy...

Plus I have that god awful phone holder on my dash!!!

Thank you in advance

Can be done one of two ways

1st you can buy a dension 100 system which plugs into bottom of an iphone and plugs into the head unit where the cd changer would be wired to and this tricks the car into thinking it has a disc changer. It would need to be coded via vcds.

2nd is to change the head unit all together and change to double din unit either a symphony or if you have the money a Sat nav which looks miles better.
This way you can then add auxiallry cable into it and play music that way .

As phone holder on the dash I had the same problem and fitted a new dash

If i change the head unit then change to a double DIN set up.... would I need to get the car coded for this?

also would it not make a difference for the fact i have bose speakers in the fronts?

i thought there was an issue because it uses a separate amp and different connectors or something?

You could change to a double din without coding but If you wanted to add aux then it would need to be coded to the head unit.
It's no problem that you have Bose, when changing the brown wire is supposed to be moved over but a lot of people including me either disconnect this wire or not move it over as it makes the Bose sounds miles better with alot more bass.

Hmm, that's thrown a spanner in the works... i was intending on going off for a budget of maybe 200 i think that would keep me clear of any issues...

You say a double Din unit would need to be coded then... and this syphony system...

is it just a standard audi sympony stereo system ?

Ok so I've gone down the cheap route for the moment... Got myself a connects2 aux interface adapter...

Having trouble wiring this in though... I have a black stray wire and I don't know what to do with it?

But also when I double press the cd button, nothing happens?

Any ideas??

UPDATE - this is sorted out now... happily listening to music through ipods, iphones, samsungs tablets and all sorts !!!

thank you all for the help !

Reactions: Jet2004uk