Armrest pull tab/catch

shwrb

Reaction score
I accidentally broke the armrest pull tab/catch.

Can anyone help me with finding a place to get replacement one so I can put it on or even a place that fits them on (around the East London area)

2014 05 22 1704392014 05 22 170439v2
That's what came off, now when armrest is upright.. It wont stay in place :(

I'll take more pictures and update thread later on today when

Last edited:
Your gonna need a whole new lid, the exact same thing happened to me. Pinch the hinge together to remove the lid. You can get them on Ebay, or Stoke Audi Parts.

Would you be able to send me a link with the part?
Thanks in advance

Your gonna need a whole new lid, the exact same thing happened to me. Pinch the hinge together to remove the lid. You can get them on Ebay, or Stoke Audi Parts.

A Tip - When you fit the new lid you'll need to pinch the hinges real carefully, you'll think you will break it so go careful.

One more post, I swear, one more post about broken arm rest releases and i'm gonna hunt down the ******* that designed it. Then i'm going to castrate him.

Reactions: mechanic69, shwrb and fateman
One more post, I swear, one more post about broken arm rest releases and i'm gonna hunt down the ******* that designed it. Then i'm going to castrate him.

The worse part is, I broke it 3HOURS after getting the car :banghead:

I had this on mine when I bought it...
Easy fix/bodge is adhesive velcro ;-) you can't tell it's there and does the job perfect 👌 you could also try Slim Adhesive magnets that would also work :) I just had velcro in the house so used that ;-)

Reactions: Adam_A3_ and shwrb
I bought the clip from Shapeways... not managed to get the lid apart to actually put it in.

I just leave mine down, it never bothers me.

I did however, break the hinge. Tip, don't try and glue it and then install it. Put the lid and broken bit of hinge back in place then glue and push together, close the lid and leave it. I used evo contact adhesive.

I've owned 3 Audi's to date and managed to break every single one.... on my last A3 my missis broke it on the way home from buying the car, not happy to say the least.

Please let me know how you get on as i've never looked into getting this fixed, just made do with it if i'm honest, Audi did quote something like £75 to replace it!!

I've owned 3 Audi's to date and managed to break every single one.... on my last A3 my missis broke it on the way home from buying the car, not happy to say the least.

Please let me know how you get on as I've never looked into getting this fixed, just made do with it if I'm honest, Audi did quote something like £75 to replace it!!

I think I'll probably just add either Velcro tabs or just use small magnets. Magnets seem like a better option. Don't have time at the moment to actually sit down and do this. I'll keep you updated on what happens

Shapeways clips are good. Got one for the RS4 and it's spot on.

Just in case anyone is still checking this... I ended up sticking magnets that I got from Staples onto the lid and bottom bit.. With double sided tape! haha

2014 06 12 172502
2014 06 12 172518

Last edited:
Reactions: S3DUST