Fitted new apr/ carbonio intake car is not hesitant/juddring help ?

TDI140

Reaction score
Just fitten new intake it fits right onto the standard bkd intake space so no air getting in issues
also its boxed to no heat issues but its liek juddereing as i drive and dont apply throttle for some reason had boost leak done and no problems there

can clearly see rev needle judderi up and down while the car does it but only does it if i dont apply accelerator or boost gaige shows no boost or turbo spool otherwise its fine

Any help will be appreciated thanks

not sure if its down to the maf ? Any ideas guys ?

That intake is awful, had 1 myself, sent back as tbh it wasn't any good for intake & the stock unit was much better, plus the fixings & seals were useless.

Sorry for brrief info im on my phone lol

Also hS been boost leak tested and the car drives fine with stock intake so no issues with the car

That doesn't look very neat at all, put it back to stock and if it doesn't judder than you know its that intake.

That intake is awful, had 1 myself, sent back as tbh it wasn't any good for intake & the stock unit was much better, plus the fixings & seals were useless.

Did you have the same problems ? Because when i floor it i get really good response also car feels much better to drive and pulls much better

I had one too, back in 2008. It lasted less than 6 months before I sold it on. Hated it. The bulkhead screws kept coming loose and the offside bracket started to crack. I'd get shot of it if you can.

Reactions: NHN
It is a placebo tbh as tested on a stage 2 hybrid setup, made no difference at all & felt worse, stock has proven to be better at flowing, than allot of aftermarket intakes, tdi forum tested.

Hmmmmm i was thinking of having maf deleted, car did the same thing with darkside developments cai might give them a call tomorrow, also a friend of mine has k&n on passat he doesnt have this issue so im really confused

I tried one on my 10 plate golf gtd.
I lasted about a week and found it juddered and was uneven on very light throttle usually town running.
Removed it and problem solved.

I tried one on my 10 plate golf gtd.
I lasted about a week and found it juddered and was uneven on very light throttle usually town running.
Removed it and problem solved.

Do you know why it does this ? Doesnt make sense could it be a maf issue?

Well it can only be a maf issue although not a faulty one.
More like air turbulence causing an incorrect reading.
I'd try disconnecting the maf and if that cures it with it disconnected if then try putting some mesh over the front of the maf housing which may cure it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TDI140
Well it can only be a maf issue although not a faulty one.
More like air turbulence causing an incorrect reading.
I'd try disconnecting the maf and if that cures it with it disconnected if then try putting some mesh over the front of the maf housing which may cure it.
I rang darkside developments to see if they have a cure for me, they say it could be maf issue as its bot use to reading that much air or forced air, they said when they map cars and ad there intakes they 99% of te time do a maf delete as it helps with airflow and then remove and replace maf with a custom hollow pipe

ill disconnect the maf later and see if it sorts it, is there any issues with unplugging and driving it to test ? Wont damage turbo or any engine faults etc ? Because deleting it from the ecu tells the car it is all ok which wont bring up faults so im thinking will unplugging it bring up faults ?
ill give it a go just wont drive far and report back if it resolves the issue

Disconnecting the maf won't do any harm although it may bring your warning light on.
Do you have a code reader to delete the code?
99% sure disconnecting the maf will cure it so I'd try the mesh over the front which will slow the airflow slightly.

Disconnecting the maf won't do any harm although it may bring your warning light on.
Do you have a code reader to delete the code?
99% sure disconnecting the maf will cure it so I'd try the mesh over the front which will slow the airflow slightly.

Drove it home from work with maff u plugged, loterally drive the best its ever driven couldnt fault the responce or anything felt like a different car, going to get maf deleted, also was getting 38mpg round town which is really good,

Also ordered darkside developments egr delete and cooler delete

Pleased it made a difference to the drive.
It would be interesting to see if a gauze over the front of the maf made any difference though.

Drives wicked with maf off, although engine managment light has come on my mate who tuned my car said get egr deleted and ten come in again for mapping to deleted egr and to delete maf said i need to chane fueling so it doenst over fuel as maf error will do that, but he said its not an issue will be ok to drive round without maf plugged in

Pretty sure the management light comes on because the air temp sensor is incorporated in the maf
Won't cause any harm running with it disconnected.

Reactions: TDI140
Why bother with the maf delete when you could just get rid off the air intake kit ? sell it on and get some money back as they make no difference on diesels and its been proven time and time again with dyno figures and even going to the stage of the intakes having a cold air fan feed stuck down there throat they still didn't improve anything.

Why bother with the maf delete when you could just get rid off the air intake kit ? sell it on and get some money back as they make no difference on diesels and its been proven time and time again with dyno figures and even going to the stage of the intakes having a cold air fan feed stuck down there throat they still didn't improve anything.

or even get rid of the car and buy a petrol engine that gives much higher tuning potential :racer:

Leave it out you s3 people hating on our soot machines lol

I love the sound of the intake its nice im getting better mpg with maf taken out and this intake could be down to the maf though tbh