Forge DV Spacer Problem!

kami136

Reaction score
OK so just fitted my forge spacer on my 2.0T S Line. It was an absolute ***** due to lack of tools and access!!

Anyhoo, it's all complete now, but its really really quiet, almost inaudible.

Don't know if Its something I've done? Or just the cars that way.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers!

Wondering if it could be the orientation in which I fitted it ?
Realised there's only 3 holes on one of the sides. Can't even remember which orientation I fitted it !!

right im telling you right now. i fitted the forge spacer and its LOUD AS FOOOOK. and it really wouldnt matter which direction its in.

I think you might have a boost leek maybe which is why you cant hear the pressurised air? or you recirc valve is dodgey or broken. Mine was a rev C and it had split causing boost leek.

As above ^
Mine was loud on a k03, but also found it had a boat load more turbo lag. I'm on a k04 hybrid with the forge diverter and it's excellent. No lag, plenty of sound and boosts it's bollacks off.

You want to try and keep it recirculating really. The spacers aren't amazing for power, more for the sound. Not trying to put a downer on it like :)

You want to try and keep it recirculating really. The spacers aren't amazing for power, more for the sound. Not trying to put a downer on it like :)

It shoulnt effect the power as the system while 'closed' is exactly the same, only thing it will change is the ecu will think theres slightly more air in the system when their isnt.

And unlike the k04 S3, our recirc'd air is hot air from the turbo unlike the S3 which comes from after the intercooler, so in theory we are ridding of excess hot air :p

It shoulnt effect the power as the system while 'closed' is exactly the same, only thing it will change is the ecu will think theres slightly more air in the system when their isnt.

And unlike the k04 S3, our recirc'd air is hot air from the turbo unlike the S3 which comes from after the intercooler, so in theory we are ridding of excess hot air :p

Your still loosing spool up time. It does make a difference, I've tried every DV on the market, ko3 and k04. Had both on the same car. The spacer was the most effective sound wise and the least effective power wise. Also thes are a recirculating system and are designed to work that way. If it was meant to loose pressure via atmospheric sound and release, they would probably make it that way :p

Your still loosing spool up time. It does make a difference, I've tried every DV on the market, ko3 and k04. Had both on the same car. The spacer was the most effective sound wise and the least effective power wise. Also thes are a recirculating system and are designed to work that way. If it was meant to loose pressure via atmospheric sound and release, they would probably make it that way :p

maybe milli seconds of spool up time :p what audi business man wants his car to sound like a scooby anyways ;)

maybe milli seconds of spool up time :p what audi business man wants his car to sound like a scooby anyways ;)

Milli seconds maybe... All the same. It will never sound like a scooby for obvious reasons..

Anyway, thought you said you had one on your car lol! I personally haven't got one, just passing on info from experience. After all isn't that what the forum is for? :)

Yeah i do have one on my car, bought it from ebay for £30 for a laugh... and it sure is a laugh!!! ahaha and caus its a little k03 it always PSSSST's everytime ahaha

To be honest, I didn't mind mine, until I read about the lag on here. It wasn't until I removed it and went back to the rev d that I realised how much more responsive it was. Couldn't believe the difference tbh

Reactions: S3Alex
I tried a spacer on my Leon FR k03 when I had it.
Fitted it one day and removed it the next.
Didn't mind the noise at the time but the extra turbo lag was very noticeable.
Lesson learnt never again.

Reactions: Craig Cull