2.0 TDI BKD hard starting when warm

r4vvm

Reaction score
Have only just bought the car, gave it a full service and a good run.

Noticed that after the engine has been started during the day most times i try to start the car after that it takes between 3-6 seconds to start.

The car has not been driven for a year and it has just had a brand new battery fitted.
I have read that it could be the starter motor. But don't want to be spending money on parts that won't cure the problem.

I scanned the car and the only fault was Cylinder 3 Glow Plug circuit - 17057

What do you guys think?

Have only just bought the car, gave it a full service and a good run.

Noticed that after the engine has been started during the day most times i try to start the car after that it takes between 3-6 seconds to start.

The car has not been driven for a year and it has just had a brand new battery fitted.
I have read that it could be the starter motor. But don't want to be spending money on parts that won't cure the problem.

I scanned the car and the only fault was Cylinder 3 Glow Plug circuit - 17057

What do you guys think?

Certainly does sound like the starter motor problem. They get tired over time and hot starts are a key symptom.

It won't be the glow plug as they don't have any part to play in hot starting

In most situations it can be either the starter motor or the known hot start issue, or both.
My bet is on the hot start issue. This can be solved with a remap. All good tuners must be able to fix this problem.

In most situations it can be either the starter motor or the known hot start issue, or both.
My bet is on the hot start issue. This can be solved with a remap. All good tuners must be able to fix this problem.

What is the known hot start issue?

know anyone who can read the map from your car ? i can do the warm start fix to the file and send it back to you , free of course .

i've had mine mapped and it still does it.

what the warm start fix does it makes your car think its cold every time you start the car so it pumps fuel in start away.

had mine done years ago been great every since

its 100% starter motor they suffer heatsink from the gearbox,common on a3 and golfs.