A3 2.0t fsi new owner

jribeiro

Reaction score
Hi all,
I finally got my a3 2.0t fsi quattro s line over the weekend! So happy absolutely love everything about it! Obvious being a car enthusiast first things im going to do is repair all scratches and scrapes so the paint work is mint!
As im knew to audi I wanted to know if these engines are good and reliable? Also what do people do first off as in making it more responsive and quicker? Ie maps, inductions etc. I need some ideas on what other people have done so I know what I can get from other a3 or s3 that would fit flush on my car.
Sorfy about all the questions but this is all a learning experience for me.

Thanks in advance

Welcome fellow 2.0T owner.

Well the 2.0T + K03 is a well known quantity. The usual pattern of modding is:

- Stage 1: Straight up remap (probably a clutch here)
- Stage 2: TBE, Intake, Remap, 100% CLUTCH!!! if not done at stage 1. The OEM one is crap. Go for sachs organic + LUK DMF for comfort and durability.
- Stage 2+: Same as stage 2 + HPFP (Loba/autotech)
- Stage 3: Turbo upgrade, rods are weaker on the K03 2.0T vs the S3 K04 2.0T

Also, I upgraded to S3 brakes because the stock ones on the non-S3 2.0T car are shocking and i'm not even at 2+ yet. IIRC the cheap-ish easy mods take the engine to about 300bhp, but that's the limit of the turbo really and probably the lower-strength internals.

That's about it really. The engine is solid, maps and aftermarket bits are plentyful. Enjoy.

A few common issues:

1. PCV failure leading to power loss and rough idle/seeking
  2. Split/failed DV, pre 07 cars had a crap DV and newer Rev D/G versions don't split
  3. Thermostat failure, car doesn't get up to temp
  4. Blocked pickup pipe, if buying second hand i'd get this replaced. £20 and saves engine death if crap oil has been used
  5. Selector fork weakness in manual gearboxen

Also, you have to post PICS of your new car otherwise pitchforks will come out soon :p

Last edited:
Reactions: kanecullen89, Compkiler and S3Alex
Thanks wuta3. First off im gna sort out the little scratches as I said before and then a remap. Also I noticed inside my header tank its dark coloured. But theres no over heating issues and fan kicks in so everything is working. What could this be?
I was thinking of doing a stage 1 remap at amd?

IMG 20140531 WA0003
This is my new baby!

hat could the oil in header tank be? Been told by a mate of mine could be the oil cooler? Are these expensive fixes?

Looks great in red. I have Stage 1 Revo on my 2.0T and difference over stock is like night and day.

How much did that cost you? At the moment my first spendings are getting the body work and the colour are perfect with no peelings and stone chips on the bumpers

Hope it's not the head gasket , that could leak oil into the header tank . :crying:

if its a head gasket you might aswell do pistons and rods but thats just me :p

you can also always add a K04 to the engine with some s3 or rs4 injectors will bring you up to 380hp

I had a mate of mine look at it and he said its the oil cooler. However he tried to put a stick inside see if it was thick and it wasnt so he said could be that it was replaced and they didn't clean the bottle