• 1 Post By donna
  • 1 Post By leegsi
  • 1 Post By tcardio

Thread: subframe

Neutral

Status

subframe

hi guys

i have ordered my self tyrolsport deadset subframe bolts and washers , the reason for this is i have had alot of movment in my subframe you can see were the frame has been. and also once its tight its so much quiteter on the road.

1st i retightend the current bolts as thay were loose , this was ok for a week . then back to how it was.

2nd i brought some ECS spacers and a set of new bolts this was ok for 2 to 3 weeks then back to how it was .

3rd i have ordered some tyrolosport dead set kit , and i hope this stops the issue , although alittle expensive .

i understand the issues with alinenment after the kit is fitted , but i will takle that one when/if it comes to it .

i have been tralling through mk5 r32 forums and so many suffer from this , and thay have also tried the ecs kit , works for some not for others .

if you guys are interested i will keep you posted .
    my car is the 3.2 v6

ray
    Last edited by donna; 30th May 2014 at 05:17.
    Taroni likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    watching with interest as i almost bought this myself but i don't have an issue with knocking or noticable shifting of the subframe I was wanting to fit it so that once the subframe is aligned it should enable cross camber to be as close to equal as possible without the need to move the subframe on each alignment. Let me know how you get on with it and i hope it solves your problem.
    Car: Phantom Black 8P '56 S3 2.0 TFSI | RNS-E | Adaptive Bi-Xenons | Two-Tone Black/White Leather Seats | Electric Folding Mirrors | Cruise Control | Parking Sensors
    Current Mods: Revo Intake | GFB DV+ | Revo Stage 1 | Defi Racer Boost Gauge in Osir Vent Mount | H&R ARB's | Superpro Balljoints+ALK | Bilstein PSS10
    Mods Planned: BCS Powervalve Exhaust | Loba HPFP | Stage 2+ Remap| Spec Clutch

1st Gear

Status
    did you fit the new kit mate ?

A3 3.2 DSG Quattro

Neutral

Status
    no still on order from usa , hopfully next weekend , not sure on delivery dates .

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by donna View Post
    no still on order from usa , hopfully next weekend , not sure on delivery dates .
    Have you got a link for the site you got them from , might invest in sum as a prevention rather then wait and see

A3 3.2 DSG Quattro

3rd Gear

Status
    I installed these last year and no issues with the subframe since. no issues with alignment either. you will enjoy this mod.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Taroni View Post
    Have you got a link for the site you got them from , might invest in sum as a prevention rather then wait and see
    i dont know how to get a link but its" tyrolsport.com"

3rd Gear

Status
    Following with interest as I have a lot of clunking which is getting worse and I'm convinced this is the issue.

What are the issues with alignment after fitting the kit you mentioned as it's the first time I've heard that mentioned?

Expensive for what they are though but seems the only real solution to the common subframe issues.
    2010 Audi S3 Sportback Black Edition TFSI Quattro

1st Gear

Status
    mechanic69 likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzza80 View Post
    Following with interest as I have a lot of clunking which is getting worse and I'm convinced this is the issue.

What are the issues with alignment after fitting the kit you mentioned as it's the first time I've heard that mentioned?
    some reported they have caster issues but since i have the same setup as others, my alignment was spot on. you say you have clunking. did you use a new strut kit when you installed your suspension? make sure your clunk is not from the strut towers and if so look at 034 motorsports for the solution
    Strut Mount, Track Density, Mk5 & Mk6 Volkswagen, 8J & 8P Audi - 034Motorsport | Performance Parts for Audi, Porsche, and Volkswagen
    mechanic69 likes this.

Neutral

Status
    kit all fitted now first impressions are good really tightened up front end , no more knocking seems more positive with the steering . before almost seemed like a delay in steering.

but then i have not driven another a3 v6 , but my friend has a a4 2.0 turbo DTM sline quattro and now my A3 feels so much tighter when turning in, in comparison , but i have new cars at work and this feels so much better i would defiantly recommend it .

how ever the tracking is slightly out now so i will get this sorted next week also to check the camber.

i used a 2 poster lift , it took 30mins to complete following the instructions.

next step anti lift. and 24mm rear anti roll bar , what are your thoughts ? i`ve caught the handling bug. lol

Ray