Rear valence/diffuser

Dan_gallo

Reaction score
I know this topic has been discussed a lot but I still haven't gotten a straight forward answer. I have an 08 A3 premium (not the s line) so I just have the basic rear bumper. Can I buy (http://acimg.auctivacommerce.com/imgdata/0/2/7/2/4/2/webimg/4223196.jpg) just this piece anywhere and install it to the factory bumper? Or do I have to buy a whole new bumper? I just dislike the way the rear of the car looks and need to do something to it.

Welcome to the site.

Please show us the rear of your car, so the advice given is 100% correct.

Welcome to the site.

Please show us the rear of your car, so the advice given is 100% correct.

I also have this problem I have a a3 s line 56 plate I'm sure I have a standerd rear diffuser even tho my a3 is an s line can u help me identify the diffuser I need that will fit my a3 I want the new s line diffuser as seen on 08-10 plate a3 s lines

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 203
You cant fit the new valances used by sport/slines from 09 due to your bumper being different, you can however bolt on the S3 valance due to your upper being identical.

Reactions: Red s line
You have the Sline diffuser. That black price isn't on mine.

You cant fit the new valances used by sport/slines from 09 due to your bumper being different, you can however bolt on the S3 valance due to your upper being identical.

Thanks for the replies. So I can fit an s3 rear valence to my rear bumper with out having to modify the bumper ? I don't suppose you know wat year s3 valence wil fit my bumper ?

Many thanks dave

Last edited:
No that cant be fitted to that bumper, needs ideally new bumper with valance to fit the insert.

I also have this problem I have a a3 s line 56 plate I'm sure I have a standerd rear diffuser even tho my a3 is an s line can u help me identify the diffuser I need that will fit my a3 I want the new s line diffuser as seen on 08-10 plate a3 s lines

It looks like your bumper is the 2 piece job, so you could fit the s3 one piece lower section, it has the diffuser and lower section as one.
S3 lower section with diffuser moulded on 8p3 807 521s
Tow eye cover for above 8p3 807 441b
I have fitted this to my 2 piece sline rear bumper.

Last edited: