TDI_TIM

Top Gear
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have to fit;
  • Whiteline rear anti roll bar
  • AP Coilovers
  • Hubcentric Spacers

Now I have a variety of tools (hydraulic jack, axles stands, socket set etc) and experience but do not have spline sockets or the hub splitter tool (although I have a chisel which would be adequate!) I have never fitted coilovers to an A3 before, but have on other cars so have some basic knowledge of what to do. I will fit the rear anti roll bar at the same time.

I was wondering who in the Hampshire area would like to give me a hand fitting it all? Ideally someone who has the other tools and experience needed! Let me know! Happy to pay for beer money and the like!

For fear of sounding unforgiving, suspension is the bit of the car that keeps your tyres (with those 4 little tiny contact patches which keep you in firm contact with the road come rain or shine) pressed to the road under all the stresses and strains applied by the forces of driving. For the sake of yourself and others, it might be worth getting an independent to fit them as per supplier recommendations. Over the years I've read some awful stories of terrible tyre wear, accidents etc., so even if you do go the route of DIY fit then invest in a proper alignment check afterwards.

For fear of sounding unforgiving, suspension is the bit of the car that keeps your tyres (with those 4 little tiny contact patches which keep you in firm contact with the road come rain or shine) pressed to the road under all the stresses and strains applied by the forces of driving. For the sake of yourself and others, it might be worth getting an independent to fit them as per supplier recommendations. Over the years I've read some awful stories of terrible tyre wear, accidents etc., so even if you do go the route of DIY fit then invest in a proper alignment check afterwards.

Once fitted I will be booking it into my local garage for a 4 wheel alignment check - would be stupid not too! - done this on any/every car I have put suspension mods on, I also get a full tracking / alignment done every time I replace a tyre regardless of cost. I'm also running Michelin PS3's all round :)

Reactions: warren_S5