vibrating clutch pedal when held on biting point s3

s3chez

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a vibrating clutch pedal when i hold it on the clutch, any ideas what it could be?

Cheers

Probably the clutch plate grabbing a bit as you try to hold the car on the clutch.

What type and make of clutch is it?

Probably the clutch plate grabbing a bit as you try to hold the car on the clutch.

What type and make of clutch is it?

Just standaed mate, the car is completely standard I've only just bought it, but will be going for big power soon so going to get a paddle clutch

If you're in the habit of holding it on the clutch on a hill or similar then I'd either change my mind on a paddle clutch or get out of the habit! (Ignoring the obvious "it wears your clutch quicker" stuff).

Depending on the clutch you choose a paddle clutch may be too aggressive for holding the car still on, some of them are closer to an on/off switch than a clutch.

The standard clutch and DMF does this, feels like thrust bearing rumble and groan, but it's there on brand new S3's too.

Just a gentle vibration and rumbling, mind, not full on car shaking vibration!

Yeah that sounds about right to me nothing to worry about then!:) cheers

If you're in the habit of holding it on the clutch on a hill or similar then I'd either change my mind on a paddle clutch or get out of the habit! (Ignoring the obvious "it wears your clutch quicker" stuff).

Depending on the clutch you choose a paddle clutch may be too aggressive for holding the car still on, some of them are closer to an on/off switch than a clutch.

Yeah I had a helix 5 paddle in my RS tool a while to get used to to say the least!

A mate specced a "sports clutch" on his Nissan 350z, which was something like a £1200 option. The demo car didn't have this specced and he enjoyed it, so why he chose it I have no idea. He can't get on with it, really hates driving if theres any chance of stop start traffic, so he's looking at having it changed for a standard one!

Like you said, if you're used to them and can get on with the aggressive style of them then go for it.

Just standaed mate, the car is completely standard I've only just bought it, but will be going for big power soon so going to get a paddle clutch

I'd seriously advise against a paddle clutch if you have any intentions of trying to slip the clutch,or use it around town much.

There are far better alternatives,such as the Spec Stg3+ clutch I'm using,which is a full-face carbon metallic clutch,which will tolerate at least some degree of slip,and is easy to use around town.

I've used paddle clutches before,and they have very little tolerance for slipping before snatching.