'Adaptive Light Defective' - Error message

JJWin

Reaction score
Does anyone know what this means? Sorry if it's a newbie question but had the car 2 days and it's flashing. It has only just passed it's MOT so I'm sure it's nothing critical, but what's the fix?

It means your adaptive light is defective :p

No seriously your car must be equipped with adaptive light feature which means the lights move when cornering. The best way to diagnose what the exact fault is will be to have the car scanned with VCDS which is a tool for identifying faults electronically. Hopefully someone will be along to offer assistance.

Failing help on the forum and given that you've just purchased the car you may want to return to the dealer to get the problem fixed if it's something that is not easily resolved. Ideally, you want the fault codes first before returning in case they try to pull a fast one.

The dealer new about the problem and said it would be resolved in the MOT, but it passed and the error message is still there..

If anyone knows a fix give me a shout! If not i'll ring Audi in the morning.

Instead of creating a second thread; does anyone know how much a second set of keys are to obtain?

The dealer new about the problem and said it would be resolved in the MOT, but it passed and the error message is still there..

If anyone knows a fix give me a shout! If not i'll ring Audi in the morning.

Instead of creating a second thread; does anyone know how much a second set of keys are to obtain?

I'm guessing the dealer that you purchased the car from is not an Audi dealer?

Audi will need the car to diagnose the actual fault. They will likely charge your for looking at this just to diagnose the fault especially if you didn't purchase the car from them.

I think Audi charge over £200 for a new key. However, there is someone on the forum who can supply new keys at a much reduced price but, they are not OEM.

It's also worthwhile noting that there is a search function on the forum which can sometimes answer these types of questions for you - just in case you missed it.

No It wasn't direct from Audi unfortunately (they charge through the roof for second hand S3's) thanks for the info, and will have a tinker with the search function!