Fuel flap sticker - useless dealer

Amchlolor

Reaction score
You may remember I had to get a new fuel flap ?
You may remember they didn't have a tyre pressure sticker in stock when they fitted the new one ?
Well,they fitted the new sticker today.

Now,given that I have 18 inch wheels,can anyone spot the problem in this photo ? ( No,it's not out of focus in real life..)

IM000653.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Useless twits... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

Would you believe they don't believe me ?

I've sent them the photo.

Honestly,is it bleedin rocket-science for the mechanic to think "hold on,this sticker's not right".

To me,it shows the mechanic really isn't interested.
He's just doing what he's told.

Can anyone tell me the pressure for the 18 inchers ?

Seeing as it could be bleeding weeks before the dealer gets me the correct
bleeding sticker ??

Sheeeeeeesh.....

By the way,if you go into the manual,it tells you to look at the sticker ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

How much of a problem is this? The pressures for the 18" wheel are not going to be massively different from those for 17", and in any event, they are only recommendations made by the manufacturer as a compromise between ride and handling.

You are quite safe to vary them by 2 or 3 pounds either way, according to whether you prefer a firm ride & responsive steering or a slightly softer ride.

Why not just experiment within that range to find the pressures that suit you?

Not much help but I run mine at 36psi fronts and 34 psi rears which is a bit harder than Audi recommend but seems to give the best handling/ride combo.

J.

The sticker on my S-line states 38psi front 35psi rear with three people and 41psi all round fully loaded.

[ QUOTE ]

Must be a sportback thing then as mine says 33psi front and 30psi rear and 39psi and 36psi fully loaded

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

That does sound strange to be so different does your s-line have 18" or 17" wheels? Mines on 18s.

[ QUOTE ]

Mine came on the standard RS6's (18"s)

[/ QUOTE ]

Same as mine. Must be due to the sportbacks extra weight then.

[ QUOTE ]
The sticker on my S-line states 38psi front 35psi rear with three people and 41psi all round fully loaded.

[/ QUOTE ]

That rings a bell

I knew the front was high,and higher than the back.

Cheers.

18" wheel pressures are different depending on engine. My 3.2 is 41F 36R on standard load, 44F+R fully loaded.

On my previous 3dr from 2005MY the sticker was as the photo but there was an additional sticker added near the hinge showing the 18" pressures. My 2006MY Sportback has the 18" pressures on the main sticker.

Looks like they forgot to stick the extra one on for the Sline 18" wheels.

Yeah,the old fuel flap had the 18 inch pressures as part of the main sticker (April 2005 car).