18" Rotor Alloy Touch Up/Repair and Lacquer Peel

Geekydrewbie

Reaction score
Hi,

I have managed to lightly scratch the rim of one my Black edition alloys (rotor style with diamond cut - 2011) and was wondering if anyone knows where to get the right colour silver? I just want to make it look less obvious as not sure i want to go for the full refub especially as you can only do these wheels a couple of times and i suspect they have been done once before.

Also I have quite a bit of lacquer peel on two of the wheels. Is it possible to just get them re-lacquered?

Also any recommendations for allow wheel repair in the Berkshire area?

Hi,

I have managed to lightly scratch the rim of one my Black edition alloys (rotor style with diamond cut - 2011) and was wondering if anyone knows where to get the right colour silver? I just want to make it look less obvious as not sure i want to go for the full refub especially as you can only do these wheels a couple of times and i suspect they have been done once before.

Also I have quite a bit of lacquer peel on two of the wheels. Is it possible to just get them re-lacquered?

Also any recommendations for allow wheel repair in the Berkshire area?

same problem here, any help gratefully received

Aren't they bare metal on the rim i.e. the diamond cut finish?

Also the OEM rims are a satin (matt) finish and as far as I can tell have no lacquer - have they already been refurbished? Pics might help.

Cheers

Hi,

Some pics attached of the lacquer peel/white marks and scratch. Sorry the wheels where a bit dirty :S IMG 20140522 075207

IMG 20140522 075116

A couple of mine are similar mate... They'll need professional attention I'm afraid. Not much can be taken off the tips of the rotors but I'd imagine the machining could be angled so as to take more off the rim than the flashes.

I've been told it is possible to repair diamond cut rims by filling the damage with metal paste (as per all alloys) and re-machine them but you may still see the repair as it is bare metal after all.

The damage is small, so am happy to just try and match the colour so it isn't so obvious (maybe with some filler as well). The lacquer peel I might go to Audi as the car is still under warranty and was bought from an Audi Dealer.

I thought it might be possible to just repair the lacquer peel without diamond cutting again :S.

Anyone recommend the right colour silver for the rims?

Cheers