New wheels and DSG paddles

marriedblonde

Reaction score
Some pics of my new wheels

audi1.jpg

audi2.jpg

audi3.jpg

audi4.jpg

And some pics of my steering wheel with the R32 ally paddles - cheers Japper.

wheel1.jpg

wheel2.jpg

White shoe laces with a black car, No. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chuckle.
I just love the way there's a pristine photo of the wheel and dash with beautiful alloy paddles and, er, oh dear, some grey trainers in the footwell.

Car looks good. Slightly off topic where did you pull the cable through to power the road angel and what power feed did you use?

What about some 18'' x 8 with offset 44? Do you guys think they will rubber or become to outside? I remember so hear some ones rubbing with et45 but 8,5 correct?

where did you get the paddles from mb,and were they a straight swop,looks great by the way,i see what you mean about the pro kit,and the drop,

im still thinking about the sportlines but im not sure how much stiffer they will be,takes me ages to make a decision when it comes to these kind of things.

I too am the proud owner of the R32 paddles :)

Straight swap for the plastic ones but a) look the mutts & b) have a deeper profile so you can grab a gear under the spoke as well.

I got mine from MikeT as he's selling his A3 but they're available fron Vagparts for about £250.

[ QUOTE ]
available fron Vagparts for about £250.

[/ QUOTE ]

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! £ 250 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It actually looks higher with the new rims on, I think it's because the wheels are wider and the tyre is a little more stretched?

Yep the paddles aren;t cheap but I bought mine from Japper.

J.

oooh, just noticed this thread... wheels look excellent mate.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
available fron Vagparts for about £250.

[/ QUOTE ]

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! £ 250 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah expensive eh? They're more than that from Audi, they are actually B6 S4 mirrors, I got mine from e-bay from "world of rover" I got two COMPLETE brand new mirrors with blind spot heated glasses for £170........they look good with Misano red, there';s an article on Fourtutude, tells you how to fit them

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I knew after seeing your car it was gonna cost me money...

lol, where'd you get them from in the end?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CM's next mod coming up.

They are cool though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

LOL...CM had them on his car when I met him to hand over the pedals so it was the other way round /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I told him at the time they where a must have purchase... OMG I sound like a girl

Looks good J !!

ShaHeed: 18x8 ET 45 is (as far as I can tell) the practical limit. On S-Line suspension, I had mild rub in front and back, in HARD turns with bumps.

There is a screw in the front fenderwell which can be removed, and the tab it attaches to can be bent upwards into the fenderwell (be gentle...).

Mine are 18x8 ET 42 with no rubbing, when I ordered them I told the guys n the shop I needed a 45 offset as I wanted the pumped out look but they said I would easily get away with a 42mm offset. So they ordered them on the proviso that if they rub they will relpace them with some 45's

J.

Just for info, the "ET" of a wheel is probably the most misunderstood measurement I have ever come across, The "ET" is the measurement from the centre of the wheels width to its mounting flange,

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CM's next mod coming up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Errr, no mine already had them.. J got the idea from me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

I know about ET's thanks by the way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
The question here is that originals are 56 or 54 i don't know exactly (sport and sline) and I do mind to not have them too much outside, laso because of what married says that it looks even higher and because of rubbing.
And also....well it's a big indecision, because I do want to have 18'' rs6 stile the ones everyone have in yours sline but here in PT slines comes with 17 rs4 brggg...
Replicas are being sold in internet from diff sellers but I do mind about quality of them apart from being biggest offset possible 45. I don't know what to do, since delivery of them I cannot choose after installing them. :/

[ QUOTE ]
I know about ET's thanks by the way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
The question here is that originals are 56 or 54 i don't know exactly (sport and sline) and I do mind to not have them too much outside, laso because of what married says that it looks even higher and because of rubbing.
And also....well it's a big indecision, because I do want to have 18'' rs6 stile the ones everyone have in yours sline but here in PT slines comes with 17 rs4 brggg...
Replicas are being sold in internet from diff sellers but I do mind about quality of them apart from being biggest offset possible 45. I don't know what to do, since delivery of them I cannot choose after installing them. :/

[/ QUOTE ]

My lads Mk4 Golf has 19 inch RS6 replica's, they are looking real sad after one winter with engrained brake dust and corrosion etc, they are however, quite a good copy, but they are HEAVY compared to a genuine S-Line wheel and have lots of balancing weights on them, two of the wheels have about 120gramms on them

The wheels look loverly, though the car would benefit from a suspension drop.

It may just be the camera angle but the rear looks relatively high. I can see these wheels becoming very popular.

Which 18'' wheels are the ones similar to BBS CH in ETKA online for A3 8p 2005?
ETKA does not contain any P/N for those ones.

J,

Wheels look /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif hot mate - nice one!

One Team

It looked lower before fitting the new rims as it has been dropped, slightly, on a set of Eibachs but because it is only an s-line it only came down by about 8mm.

These wheels are slightly wider so the tyres are stretch slightly more giving the imression of it being higher.

Contemplating getting the sportline kit or going for a set of coilovers. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

J.

so back to the mirrors then - i think I want some, should I go for the ebay plastic fantastic
Baghdad Market

or wait for some OEM ones to appear and pay the kings ransom or order some from a shop for a king + queen ransom?

MarriedBlonde: Link now working /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
What you guys think about optional BBS CH Audi original wheel? 7,5x18 ET54.
Anyone of you know if wheel caps are compatible with other wheels in Audi list? Cause those 18 wheels comes with horrible chrome rounding caps.
Waiting for your fast feedback.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

[/ QUOTE ]

i personally think the centre looks too heavy which makes the wheel look small, as MB says its hard to find a wheel that suits the A3 better than the RS6, there are however some nice RS6 19's about........

i agree on that,the new rs4's look nice,and the rs6's,
ive seen some a3's with the rs6's, replicas probably,but they look wider,maybe 8or 81/2" as opposed to 71/2"on the standard s-line,which make the overall appearance of the car wider.

It could be they are running a different off set? My car looks a lot more squat but the rims are only 1/2" wider than standard but I am running 42mm offset so they are pushed a lot further out.

J.