Ive currently got a Audi S3, with the following;

Revo Stage 2+ Map
Full power valve 3 inch stainless steel exhaust
loba and sach single mass flywheel and clutch
auto tech fuel pump and cam follower
weitech lower springs front and back
HandR wheel spacers front and back
AMD induction kit with heat shield

It hassnt been on a rolling road yet can anyone have a rough estimate on what they think it would be running, I'm told around 360bhp?

Is there anything i can do to squeeze out more BHP?

Thanks Guys

Can you upgrade the K04 turbos? suppose if i was to do that i would have to do the intercooler to right?

What sort of power we talking then? Any ideas?

Are you talking about a 1.8T or 2.0T S3 ?

If the 1.8T then not a chance of 360bhp, lucky if your hitting 280 on standard turbo.

If your talking about the 2.0T then you need to get over to the 8p S3 section.

2.0T S3, wrong section am i in? i have no idea I'm newbie here lol

Several options with varying costs... there is the Loba LO4xx direct replacement, the EFR-6758 from borg warner i think this is direct replacement but not sure on other items you would need would need to research that.

There is the APR kit with a GTX2867r.

Or going slightly larger there is the GTX3071r and GTX3076r both of these will exceed 500bhp but require alot of other work to get there. CTS do a kit using one of the above I believe and brodie is your man for that.

There are two things on the list of mods above that you would require for going big turbo, but if you didnt might eek a few more BHP out. The rs4 fuel valve and a good quality intercooler. After both of those its turbo swap time if you want more really.

Yeah dude wrong section lol. I'm sure one of the mods will move it to the correct one for you :)

Since when was there a 2.0T S3 8L? OP is in the right section if he has a 2.0TFSI S3..

Reactions: shortfletch11
Yeah im interested in this aswell as i want more but isnt revo stage 3 alot of money?

Since when was there a 2.0T S3 8L? OP is in the right section if he has a 2.0TFSI S3..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400614337970366

Not according to my phone :-/

Must have been.. Anyway sorry OP :) just ignore me, most people do!

APR kit your looking at approx 6K fitted depending what mods you already have - rods apparently are not necessary but better safe than sorry.

I listed my current mods at the start ill realist here;

2.0 S3 TFSI
Revo Stage 2+ Map

Im not sure what BHP I'm running at the moment i haven't been on a rolling road, anyone hazard a guess as to what i have?

Did you by any chance purchase this car from a trader on piston heads 2 months ago? I recognise the ad quote when I was looking for a white S3 Sb :)
Do you know what size spacers were fitted, they looked spot on in the pic :)

Yes mate not 2 months ago though last week this was, black? I don't mate without getting the receipts out but the bloke who i had it off really looked after it I'm happy i made the purchase.

Sorry mate wasn't a trader was private so we may be on about someone else

Reactions: DESTROY
Im not sure what BHP I'm running at the moment i haven't been on a rolling road, anyone hazard a guess as to what i have?

This question has been done to the death. You also answered yourself in your first post. As you are already at stage 2+ you have already reached max bang for your buck on your engine and are at the limit of the KO4, so next stage would be big turbo.

You could go IC, but some say you may not see any more gains, just more efficient in the warmer weather.

And have you thought about upgrading the handling of the car? You have not listed upgraded dampers, you still running the OEM dampers? As massive improvement can be made here. Not to mention ARBs or WALK.

Reactions: S3_Mat
Yeah I've heard that upgrading the intercooler is hit or miss and for the money they are ill stick to the standard one thanks unless i was to upgrade the turbo. Doubtful as i don't S**T money at the moment :sorry:

No the handling has not been touched yet, i need to educate myself on it all i don't know what the WALK kits do?
I could do with doing something to my brakes i think 360bhp i think the brakes are on the limit when your pushing hard to.

Trouble i find is places that do upgrade parts I've been trying to find upgraded S3 brakes and can't seem to find much info on it. Im sure there loads out there ill keep looking.

There are a lot of good brake kits for the S3 ranging from RS kits and Porsche based kits to very costly ones like the Alcon.

In the middle ground for around £1.5k there are some very good setups.

My own recipe would be ARBs first followed by good coilovers and then things like bushes and ALKs

Also,at Stg2+,you won't get a whole lot more out of the K04 as it's pretty much done by that sort of power.

You would need a bigger intercooler though for a BT setup.

Last edited:
Hi Guys

Ive currently got a Audi S3, with the following;

Revo Stage 2+ Map

It hassnt been on a rolling road yet can anyone have a rough estimate on what they think it would be running, I'm told around 360bhp?

Is there anything i can do to squeeze out more BHP?

Thanks Guys

You only just bought this?

Yes mate last week

Ye u beat me to I was looking at that one, looks spot on really liked it + added bonus of the mods. I've gone and bought mi sen a solar orange one pick it up tomoz.

Yeah i can't moan one bit about it mate, only problem is the air con which i can't get my head round nor can anyone else on here, just blows warm air. ill sort it though anything can be fixed just need to find what part has failed.

Oh nice, upload a pic when you get it mate

I've no idea what it takes to go to stage 3 but I bet it costs ££. I'd stick it out with the 2+ and enjoy that, then when you've got used to it (if u do) then start saving and looking into stage 3.

Yeah i can't moan one bit about it mate, only problem is the air con which i can't get my head round nor can anyone else on here, just blows warm air. ill sort it though anything can be fixed just need to find what part has failed.

Oh nice, upload a pic when you get it mate

Yes will do mate. Have u stuck it on vcds? Could be the compressor? Also get the system flushed.

I havent mate will a vcds tell me if its the comp? think i might just go buy a handheld one myself saves taking a trip to the garage by the time I've paid them i could by my own little one for £50

Not to sure to be honest I've never used vcds, I'm sure there's a few on this forum who'll know and I think there's some one that sells the vcds. To be honest there worth there weight in gold and am thinking of getting one mi sen, had vag com for my 8l and it was a life saver.

Not to sure to be honest I've never used vcds, I'm sure there's a few on this forum who'll know and I think there's some one that sells the vcds. To be honest there worth there weight in gold and am thinking of getting one mi sen, had vag com for my 8l and it was a life saver.

This should be your next investment... Especially as you've bought a car that has already been modded.

Next I would look at handling and brakes before going Stage 3.

Reactions: S3 AEX
I think all of us have said the same thing......the K04 is pretty much maxed out at Stg2+,and there is little point in pushing more money at it.

Do the brakes and suspension,get the handling right,and then take a deep breath before considering a BT upgrade.

The Loba hybrid will get you to the low-mid 400s,after which there are a few kits for more.

The APR GTX2867 will get you to the high 400s,but isn't going to do much more.

The ATP and CTS kits will allow you to use much bigger turbos,and go for more power and torque,but that will cost you a LOT more again.

As wuta3 suggested,and if you have the time,take a trawl through my thread and get an idea of what's involved.

Another hybrid turbo just come to the market is this one ... Unit 20 - Audi S3 Golf R TTE420 Turbo charger

Based on the K04 core and plug and play -the benefits of the hybrids rather than the big turbos is that they keep the low end response.

The problem with all of the hybrids is that they will get you over the 400bhp barrier,and not a whole lot further,for around £2k plus fitting,mapping and setup.

The real question surrounding hybrids and big turbo kits is to work out how far you're going to go in terms of power,and if you really want to head for 500bhp then you'll need to look at a lot more money.

On the subject of off-boost or low end response,I think you'd be surprised by how well something the size of a GTX3076 works,even by comparison with the tiny K04.

On the subject of off-boost or low end response,I think you'd be surprised by how well something the size of a GTX3076 works,even by comparison with the tiny K04.

Thanks Alex, do you have access to any plots to show the difference?

Here's one for the Loba LO380 (the predecessor to the LO400) - it seems to pick up a lot better than the std K04.

LO380 S3

I guess it depends on what you want at the end of the day - if you're shooting for big numbers then a bigger turbo is the only option but if you want improved drivability )at both ends of the PRM range) then a hybrid is the perfect balance.

if you dont want to do rods and pistons bearings etc.. mate i suggest getting a GTX2867r will get you to 450 hp

if you dont want to do rods and pistons bearings etc.. mate i suggest getting a GTX2867r will get you to 450 hp

Excellent advice,and available off-the-shelf.

Thanks Alex, do you have access to any plots to show the difference?

Here's one for the Loba LO380 (the predecessor to the LO400) - it seems to pick up a lot better than the std K04.

View attachment 33857

I guess it depends on what you want at the end of the day - if you're shooting for big numbers then a bigger turbo is the only option but if you want improved drivability )at both ends of the PRM range) then a hybrid is the perfect balance.

I'd need to dig out the graphs at home and get them copied up,but I will do that later if I can.

The thing about a hybrid is that you will get the bottom end for sure,but as with any turbo,once you get near it's limits,it's the top end that suffers most,and torque begins to roll of dramatically as you can see from those graphs.

Mine is a GTX3076,with the A/r optimised for top end power,so it does suffer a little compared to one with a smaller A/r in low end pick up,but trust me,it feels no worse than the old K04 did,and the difference on boost is huge.

One of my customers has just bought the CTS GTX3076R upgrade kit for his ED30 which was already maxxed out at stage 3.....so its all in the process of being fitted at the minute. He went with the custom kit with larger injectors and I/C so that everything was covered. Its gonna be a monster when its finished though.