Snooper or road angel?

Compkiler

Reaction score
Hi guys, looking at getting a speed camera detector! Any advice? Been looking at the snooper 3zero or road angel gem + snooper is slightly less £££
does the snooper have to be fitted in professionally as it's wired?

what do you guys use and are they worth it over phone apps?

Ta

I used a Road Angel for the 8 years I owned my Subaru and loved it. Very good, accurate and could be trusted to be right.
When I got the Audi S3, I never moved it and have never bothered since. I know this sounds 'arsy' but it is far easier to drive to the speed limits than it is having total trust in one of the detectors as they will not be right all the time!
What I did find very good was the reminder it gives you for the regular mobile camera van sites that I certainly pass in Nottingham.
They are very good for when you go far away from your regular roads as they will alert you to any fixed camera sites which is good.
I think they are a good reminder, but don't place all of your trust on one of them.

I've got the snooper 3zero doesn't require professional install it works and I think it picks up more types of signal over the road angel, I don't think they matter in this country though.

With the 3zero you also have to use a pc doesn't work with Mac. Luckily I had a old laptop lying about.

But personally I would probably get the road angel now for usability the road angel looks better and looks nicer to use. Also think it updates while in the car on the gem+.

I've just changed to a Snooper 3 Zero, so far so good. It sits very nicely in the corner of the dash and isn't lit up like a sat nav, so fairly stealth.
In the past 2 years I've had a Pogo Alert+, which I really liked, however, that went wrong and Road Angel now own them and seemed keen to push me into a Road Pilot. On further investigation, the dashmount bracket looked a bit wobbly, so I steered away from it.
I subsequently purchased a Snooper Lynx GT as that had lifetime subscriptions. But, what I didn't realise was that it needs to be turned on and off every time you use it, no autostart function.
That drove me nuts. So much so, I just bought a 3Zero 2 weeks ago.
It's hardwired in and comes on/goes off with the ignition. It does just what I need, albeit the subscription is around £3 per month.

neither, save your money, drive within the speed limits and head to a track if you wanna push the pedal

Oh I do love the moral high ground.
Albeit I just answered the original posters question.

Reactions: phil76 and TonyH38