My verdict on the New 2.0 Tdi A3 as a 3.2V6 Owner

I

imported_S_Line

Ok me ole 3.2Q S line went in for some new lights yesterday... (condensation problems)

They brought out to me a Nice brand new A3 2.0 TDi in Lava Grey.

First thing i noticed is that how high it was sitting massive space from the top of the tyre to the wheel arches.

But in fairness it wasn't a S-Line.

After a Day of Driving this lovely little oil burner about i can comment on the following, as a direct compasrison to a 3.2 Q S Line.

To be continued after i get back from a meeting this afternoon.......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif

Hey SLine were you able to scan your Revo dyno graphs yet?

[ QUOTE ]
Hey SLine were you able to scan your Revo dyno graphs yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the morning, i havent even driven the car yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Back to the Verdict on the A3 2.0 Tdi........

Get on with it man... we're dying to know!
sleep.gif

It seems ( well it felt like) the new 2.0 Has a larger Turbo, There was lots of Lag until it hit the magic 2000 RPM and it was off like a steam train.

So i can understand peoples comments on the instant pull away in a DSG as it wont happen.
I'm sure the older 1.9 Tdi was more go from tickover, this is why i would say that the 2.0 has a larger Turbo as its got loads of go right up to the magic 4100 RPM of stop dead power.

So if the DSG is changing gear automatically at 4000 RPM its the best place to change as anything over 4100 is like hitting a brick wall.
(this one was a 6speed manual)

The Gearbox was Great, lovely solid feel to the gear changes.

More later...............

About the high speed wobbly feel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
It seems ( well it felt like) the new 2.0 Has a larger Turbo, There was lots of Lag until it hit the magic 2000 RPM and it was off like a steam train.

So i can understand peoples comments on the instant pull away in a DSG as it wont happen.
I'm sure the older 1.9 Tdi was more go from tickover, this is why i would say that the 2.0 has a larger Turbo as its got loads of go right up to the magic 4100 RPM of stop dead power.

So if the DSG is changing gear automatically at 4000 RPM its the best place to change as anything over 4100 is like hitting a brick wall.
(this one was a 6speed manual)

The Gearbox was Great, lovely solid feel to the gear changes.

More later...............

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the turbo has much/anything to do with either the improved top end,or the lack of bottom end,compared with the 1.9.

Better top end,but worse bottom end,is typical of a 16 valve head (2.0) compared with an 8 valve (1.9).

Also,with all due respect,I don't think you can comment on whether the DSG's auto change-up is correct or not without driving one for a while.

[ QUOTE ]
Also,with all due respect,I don't think you can comment on whether the DSG's auto change-up is correct or not without driving one for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

jacques%20rock%20star%20handbag.jpg

Eeef, thats the funniest /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif I have seen for a long, long time.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

more on the report Sline please....lol

eeef friggin rocks!!!!!!!! awesome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[moderator mode]

Come on guys, lets keep this on track or we'll have to shut this down.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

He wears brothel creepers, that's when he is not wearing his open toed sandals with brown nylon socks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It gets hot on the south coast!

OK the High spee wobble /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Drivign the car at speed felt as if it was on stilts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Overtook a car on a B road, and its a bit bumpy. Scared me silly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It smelt nice and new inside and it had wood effect bits everywhere. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Point taken Eeef ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

'tis a bit daft though.

Saying you think DSG must be right,by driving a manual.

It's like someone moaning about Dunlops and someone else coming back with:

"well I drove one on Michelins,and it was fine,so it must be fine on Dunlops"

Well,no,it's not that simple is it.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

No you read me wrong, im saying the Gear Change on the DSG is changing at teh right revs, Just before it runs out of steam.
What would be the point of teh DSG auto changing gear on the TDI at 4500 ? it would have run out of power at 4100 RPM so the next 400 RPM would slow the car down.

Its Obvious /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif