Exact tyre spec please

Amchlolor

Reaction score
It's time to replace my Conti's.
I reckon there's probably another 3000-4000 miles in them (they're at 12000 just now) but the stability has become a total joke.

It's darting around all over the place at the slightest wee mark on the road.In fact,I have to slow down over the back road I take to work,it's such a struggle to hold it in line.

I'm sure new tyres will cure it though,as there are no peculiar wear patterns to suggest any mis-alignment.

I fancy the F1's,but can anyone tell me the full spec I need ?

I remember all sorts of codes like 'GSD3' or something ?

It's the S-line 18 inchers,by the way.

Ta.

No,thank god,no maintenance for me this time.
No arguing over wear,no arguing over what tyre I can go for and no arguing with what depot I have to go to.
Was so hacked off with this carry on with my A4 that I deliberately avoided it this time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Cheers,by the way.

F1s are the way to go. I cant wait to get these Rossos worn down so I can change them for F1s. Wont have long to wait with their reputation for tyre wear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bowfer, yep the conti 2's start off well, but get shockingly bad from half worn onwards.

[ QUOTE ]
bowfer, yep the conti 2's start off well, but get shockingly bad from half worn onwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember you saying your grip had gone AWOL,but has your stability gone out the window as well ?

My car needs constant correcting just now,on all but the smoothest roads.

Quite a fight over some of the roads I have to use.

Thank god my MD just takes my word for it,as the thought of a penny-pincher making me wait until they are barely legal is quite scary.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember you saying your grip had gone AWOL,but has your stability gone out the window as well ?

My car needs constant correcting just now,on all but the smoothest roads.

Quite a fight over some of the roads I have to use.

Thank god my MD just takes my word for it,as the thought of a penny-pincher making me wait until they are barely legal is quite scary.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, stability and balance between front and rear were fine, just no grip ou of corners at all. It was like driving in the snow all the time.

My rosso's are exactly the same! The backs are fine, but the front's just don't grip and seem to have a mind of there own!