Upgrading A rev to module supporting bi xenon?!

ItsAllGood

Reaction score
So after going to the breakers and bought a set of 2006 bi xenon. For a good price. Lucky as i found this, i researched the net on how to proceed next. I then bought the kufatec adapters. Then there comes the long wait. Whilst waiting, i stumbled across in here that the bi xenons wont work on A. rev. comfort modules. And need a K.. Someone has done the upgrade to K module, which didnt look easy, regarding to all the fault codes showing up. The car i took the headlights from had a D. rev. So i assume, buying that module will make my lights work, ye? Comparing the D and the K, is it the same procedure? Just plug all the connectors out from A and move them over to the D? And hopefully not get errors? Will the D module give less, hopefully no errors? Apreciate all the support, thanks :)

If the car you got the headlights from had a rev D module then the lights won't be bi-xenon, they will only be single xenon in which case you can fit the headlights straight into your car without any adapters just coding but I'm not sure A supports single Xenons. If you wanted a module that supports bi-Xenons then I have an F module which is 23 byte highline and supports bi-Xenons.

Opps! Im sorry but i saw wrong! The module sitting in the breaker car was an F!

Okay, is it easier to connect the F module than the K module? I really just want to plug and play as possible really. But its impossible i presume...

No it's not impossible to fit many others have done it, it's just a case of swapping out old for new and recoding but you will need a copy of elsawin to help you out in case one or two other wires have moved around from different connector, I have just upgraded to an N from and F with no problems what so ever.

I must get a copy of elsawin then! The highline modules are just so that the high beam shutter and drl's works right? I want to test out my new headlights while waiting for the new module. Found a bunch of F's on ebay for a reasonable price :)

That will be my module at £30 lol

Really? What a coincidence! Moneys pretty tight atm, but getting some cash this week or next:) you ship to norway mate?

So i just got the kufatec cables. Plugged them to the bi xenon. As expected, low beam works as it should. So are the blinkers, sidelight. Shutters wont work, drl works when turning on the high beam stalk. Drl are getting hot tho . And ofcourse main beam error. Thats it. Btw this is from a 54 a3 using the A rev module..

And havent plugged in the high beam repair wire, but f, p or k module required iirc. To make them work

And havent plugged in the high beam repair wire, but f, p or k module required iirc. To make them work

Does someone have a wiring diagram on the headlight connecters? I found this pic on google for a golf, probably the same, but without the drl.
e8uqezat.jpg

Ok, manage to get the bi xenon to fully-ish work (high and low beam with the correct stalk) I havent done anything to the DRL yet. And havent code anything, and still using A rev module :) let me know if i should write up a guide

Yes pretty straight forward just moving over your old high beam signal pin 8 to pin 11, now all you need to do is the is the two wires that are on the kufatec adapters run them into your fuse box and put them on a spare fuse way between 1-6 as these are ignition feeds, that way you will have DRL feed which is protected. Then you will need to move these wires on the new adapter from pin 11 to pin 12 which is DRL.It's deffo no OEM way but gets them working without coding and changing rev module.

Yes pretty straight forward just moving over your old high beam signal pin 8 to pin 11, now all you need to do is the is the two wires that are on the kufatec adapters run them into your fuse box and put them on a spare fuse way between 1-6 as these are ignition feeds, that way you will have DRL feed which is protected. Then you will need to move these wires on the new adapter from pin 11 to pin 12 which is DRL.It's deffo no OEM way but gets them working without coding and changing rev module.

So the drl's are going to light up all the the time?

What i did was, i had the kufa adapters, removed high beam from 8 to 11 (there was a separate cable in 11, for the high beam). So i removed the 2 repair wires. Which number are the DRL's? Hmm

DRLs are pin 12, so insert the cables you removed from pin 11 into pin 12 and run them into the drivers fuse box in any fuse 1-6 as this is an ignition feed, then DRLs will only be on once car is running just like OEM. You won't be able to turn them off but why would you need to?

DRLs are pin 12, so insert the cables you removed from pin 11 into pin 12 and run them into the drivers fuse box in any fuse 1-6 as this is an ignition feed, then DRLs will only be on once car is running just like OEM. You won't be able to turn them off but why would you need to?

Awesome! Thanks :) im not complaining, drl with low beam is nice (white drl bulbs required)

Found a couple of problems. 1, low beam are always on, even when putting the switch at 0, or only with sidelight. 2, fog lights wont light up. Any idea?

Not yet, i just took a quick look and pulled out the fuse box trim. I saw a couple of cables hanging loose. Will do this as soon I come home from the doctors :)

Sorted it out now. Everything works! Only need to connect repair wire to make them drl work :) i'll do that when sun is shining :) thanks for the help a3 :)

No problem mate glad to have been of some help. That's only way round doing it without coding or CE change.

Just a couple of picutre of the low beams and sidelight lighting up!

ge8a3u2u.jpg

dunaruse.jpg

Been trolling the web and stumbled on this switch
apu7ava7.jpg

I have this one atm
evagaje6.jpg

The levelleres are not in use at all. Have you tried connecting the drl to the headlight levelling switch? Making I as on and 0 off. Like the facelift switch?

No don't need too, as I have upgraded my module to REV N it's had advanced comfort menu option so I can turn mine on and off through the dis, but it's pointless you installing this anyways as your not wired as OEM so the roller wouldn't work. It only had one single wire that runs back to CE to turn them on and off.

I have always had the main beam headlight (right and left) error codes on dis. Would this have to be the drl's not connected? If i connected them to the fuse, making the drls light. Will the codes dissapear you think? With the A rev ?

That's because the car is coded with halogen headlights and the canbus is noticing there is no current been drawn on the high beams which is usually 50w. Cos you have used it for your Xenons shutters these don't actually draw any current like a halogen bulb would. This giving you the errors. Only way to get round it would be to wire in some resistors across the high beam wires or change your CE to a rev F or higher to support them.

You're right! But when connecting the DRL wires to the CE module, (not in the fuse box)
Which pins are assign to DRL? Would it be the sidelight pin? And when getting the new headlight switch with the DRL option, I assume I can't use the OEM wire connecting to my halogen headlight switch. Because of a new button I think

There's no DRL option on a Rev A, only DRL option is on F or higher but high high beam pins are already in there which then become DRLS when the CE is coded for bi-Xenons. That's why it moves from pin 8 to to pin 12 on the new 14 pin headlight connector.

As for headlight switch it will not work correctly. You will need a TT one with a DRL roller switch to have this working as OEM but you would need to upgrade your CE.

So your best bet is to upgrade your CE but I would go for a K or higher then you get 30 bytes and extra menus in the dis. Then enabling you to turn the DRLS off without fitting a new switch.

Sorry for my bad writing, I meant if i get a F module, will it have pin mainly for the DRL's

Wouldn't I need a new cluster for the menu in the dis? Or would it work on my current 2004 mod cluster?
You meant this switch, correct?

5uma4ugu.jpg

I would like a new switch tho, like the facelift ones (chrome switch). But I have to find one that has a drl roller which i dont think exist?

If I do not need a new cluster I would go for that route, new ce K rev. And not needing to buy a new switch

now all you need to do is the is the two wires that are on the kufatec adapters run them into your fuse box and put them on a spare fuse way between 1-6 as these are ignition feeds, that way you will have DRL feed which is protected.

Been looking at this, and I am trying to figure out on how to "connect" the DRL wires to the ignition feed in the fuse box (drivers side). The DRL's are lighting when wire is touching the fuse. But how do I connect them in their? I cant use electrical tape as it will just fall off. The wire housing is to big to fit into the ignition feed...