Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JayA3sline

Thread: DV+

1st Gear

Status

DV+

Just bought a DV+ and installed it today into my audi S3 8P 2011. At the moment running on a superchips bluefin remap 310bhp. This little gadget is blooming brilliant... The lag is definitely improved and accelerator response is much better with improved boost control!

Highly recommend for £100!
    mechanic69 likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JayA3sline View Post
    Just bought a DV+ and installed it today into my audi S3 8P 2011. At the moment running on a superchips bluefin remap 310bhp. This little gadget is blooming brilliant... The lag is definitely improved and accelerator response is much better with improved boost control!

Snap, same car same map, great responsive drive. Great sound if you don't want the chav boy flutter.
    S3 - Sprint Blue BE [MY11] My Build Thread
    Options - Satnav, Bluetooth, MFSW, Privacy Glass, Nappa Leather
    Mods - Bluefin Stage 1, DV+, Revo Race CIA, Cruise, TPMS, Bilstein B8s, Eibach Pro Kit, H&M Spacers, Exclusive Leather Trims
    Future - Downpipe sports CAT, HPFP, Stage 2+, ALK, ARB, 2nd Mortgage

1st Gear

Status
    I must admit I did like that blip in the exhaust and did notice it wasn't there. I have read that you can remove the spring to get it back but then it kind of defeats the whole point of having it (apart from durability). Still early days will see how I get on with it. You had yours on long?

Neutral

Status
    Jay hi,

Fitted mine yesterday onto my A3. Really pleased too with the purchase. You fitted the carbonspeed intake yet?

Kevin

Neutral

Status
    Having mine fitted on Saturday in my remapped 2.0 tfsi A3, looking forward to seeing what difference it makes.

1st Gear

Status
    I did that today also. I didn't bother with the bolts as it's so blinking tight to be able to get the torx driver in there but it sits there comfortably which is good enough for me. Bit like yourself not sure if it's actually benefiting but definitely looks better cheers

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Madpete View Post
    Having mine fitted on Saturday in my remapped 2.0 tfsi A3, looking forward to seeing what difference it makes.
    Takes 5mins to fit yourself... I'd be out there tonight doing it! simple

2nd Gear

Status
    I must admit I did like that blip in the exhaust and did notice it wasn't there. I have read that you can remove the spring to get it back but then it kind of defeats the whole point of having it (apart from durability). Still early days will see how I get on with it. You had yours on long?
    Still get a nice blip in the exhaust, did you make sure the pistons and springs are really oiled up before fitting? Had mine a month or so but took it off last weekend to make sure it was fully lubricated after reading other advice.

easy to fit even with the engine cover on, screws a bit fiddly but do able
    Mods - Bluefin Stage 1, DV+, Revo Race CIA, Cruise, TPMS, Bilstein B8s, Eibach Pro Kit, H&M Spacers, Exclusive Leather Trims

3rd Gear

Status
    This is on my list. I dont think ive seen anything other than positive, or neutral at worst, feedback on these.

Audi S3 8P3 / REVO Stage 1 / REVO Ceramic Intake / NGK Iridium Spark Plugs / LOBA HPFP / Philips Diamond Vision 5000k Fog Light Bulbs /
    KW V3 Coilovers / Team HEKO Wind Deflectors / Bridgestone Potenza S001 92Y Tyres / Complete LED Bulb Conversion (int' + ext') / Ashtray Delete /
    TTS Engine Cover / Alpine 928r Multimedia Station (8in screen) with integrated Bluetooth, Sat Nav etc / Ross-Tech VCDS Owner.

1st Gear

Status
    I made sure the brass piston was oiled up, to prevent the metal on metal noise. But that was all. I didn't really have a long enough drive to be fair but I'll do that in the next few days to play around

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    mine is quite loud. what about yours guys?
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

1st Gear

Status
    Louder than without it?

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Mines been fitted now for about 6 months and had no problems with it so far. Boosts easier and also holds boost for longer which is good in my books.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    Louder than without it?
    yes. louder than oem one?
    mine wasn't that loud at the begining. and now is as loud as it was my forge vacuum operated dv. strange..
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S. View Post
    yes. louder than oem one?
    mine wasn't that loud at the begining. and now is as loud as it was my forge vacuum operated dv. strange..
    Very strange. There's never really consistency with any products, however I think the DV+ has been one of the most positive little items around at the mo. Just makes me want to get in and drive hard! Does the re oiling have to be done every now and then or one application enough?

1st Gear

Status
    I'm getting one of these on tomorrow and will be interested to see how it performs.

I've mostly read good things about these with the odd story of an issue but for £100 I will give it a go
    S3 Sept 08 to.....
    A3 2.0 TDI Sport April 04 - May 08

1st Gear

Status
    Had a good drive today and I still can't believe how good it is. Worth every penny!

2nd Gear

Status
    Very strange. There's never really consistency with any products, however I think the DV+ has been one of the most positive little items around at the mo. Just makes me want to get in and drive hard! Does the re oiling have to be done every now and then or one application enough?
    I was told it didn't need any maintenance and it doesn't see much heat so the oil doesn't burn off. Only issue is I'm not sure what oil you are supposed to use. Guess engine oil is best. It wouldn't hurt to check once a year as it saves where on the turbo. I'm going to check it every service cos its easy to do.

1st Gear

Status
    Quite agree. I used engine oil anyway so that suits me and no unknown noises produced = winner!

1st Gear

Status
    So been over a month now since had this installed and recently been noticing a more and more jerkiness returning... Not as smooth as it once was. I did lubricate the piston as instructed but I'm going to take it apart and re oil... I didn't lube spring though, is this required? Anyone else noticing the benefits degrading in time?

1st Gear

Status
    The instructions do not say to lube the spring but I did. I just made sure that my fingers were oily and wiped over the springs and other components. I did give the piston a good coating and also made sure that it ran freely up and down in the black housing. No issues since.

1st Gear

Status
    As expected... The DV+ piston was dry as anything... I have re- oiled the piston/spring and inside of the black cradle... It won't be dry again let's put it that way. Going to have a drive in a bit so hopefully shall see an improvement as I had when I first installed it

1st Gear

Status

Hmmm are there reall gains in performance with this or is it just another engine upgrade to say you've got it? lol (you know exactly what I mean)

Serious question.... If it does make a noticible difference in performance/responsivness, then I will buy one! :-)

Oh and another thing, in 1st gear, mine definitely is jittery and not smooth... any ideas? Mines a manual!
    I always pull away slow and change to second asap

1st Gear

Status
    Not so much gains mate but more of taking away the jerkiness and is much more responsive as the boost pressure is gradual and constant as appose to on/off with the OEM version. You can definitely notice the difference and if it makes your ride smoother it's 100% worth the £100!

1st Gear

Status
    Ok cheers bud

1st Gear

Status
    If that wasn't good enough... Put it this way I've just driven 15miles with it re oiled and my god it's a new car, makes the car drive so smooth and so much more responsive! Buy it!

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm interested in one of these but I think I am going to wait until more people have got them and given feedback.

Jay do you think you will have to keep re-oiling? It's strange that the instructions do not say lube the spring but you those of you who have say its much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodster View Post
    Mines been fitted now for about 6 months and had no problems with it so far. Boosts easier and also holds boost for longer which is good in my books.
    Brodster, have you re-oiled yours?
    Now: 2009 S3 8P3 DSG. Mods: Revo Stage 2+, Full TBE, Autotech HPFP, Revo CAI, H&R ARBs, SuperPro Anti-Lift Kit, Rev D, Cruise control, LED interior lights upgrade, Rear DRLs... SPS & VCDS.
    Previously: 2001 AMK S3, Silver, Revo Remap, Milltek DV, KW Springs & Shocks, H&R ARB.

1st Gear

Status

DV+

It may have been because I didn't use enough oil as I maybe was a tad on the cautious side. But this morning it was bone dry and signs of rubbing was apparent albeit very slight. As mentioned before I can't see why the spring would need oiling but the piston and perhaps the cradle once lubed is definitely noticeable. Even in sports mode (DSG) the change down is no where near as harsh as it use to be... It's literary a 5min job so will definitely be checking as of service intervals for peace of mind.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Compkiler View Post
    Oh and another thing, in 1st gear, mine definitely is jittery and not smooth... any ideas? Mines a manual!
    I always pull away slow and change to second asap
    Same here mate. I find the s3 8p is quite difficult to change smoothly from 1st to 2nd. I really need to watch the clutch and throttle more so than any other gear.

Audi S3 8P3 / REVO Stage 1 / REVO Ceramic Intake / NGK Iridium Spark Plugs / LOBA HPFP / Philips Diamond Vision 5000k Fog Light Bulbs /
    KW V3 Coilovers / Team HEKO Wind Deflectors / Bridgestone Potenza S001 92Y Tyres / Complete LED Bulb Conversion (int' + ext') / Ashtray Delete /
    TTS Engine Cover / Alpine 928r Multimedia Station (8in screen) with integrated Bluetooth, Sat Nav etc / Ross-Tech VCDS Owner.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3_trev View Post
    Same here mate. I find the s3 8p is quite difficult to change smoothly from 1st to 2nd. I really need to watch the clutch and throttle more so than any other gear.
    Ye exactly, well if this thing helps with that im getting one!
    Last edited by Compkiler; 4 Weeks Ago at 13:19.