DV+

JayA3sline

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just bought a DV+ and installed it today into my audi S3 8P 2011. At the moment running on a superchips bluefin remap 310bhp. This little gadget is blooming brilliant... The lag is definitely improved and accelerator response is much better with improved boost control!

Highly recommend for £100!

Reactions: mechanic69
Just bought a DV+ and installed it today into my audi S3 8P 2011. At the moment running on a superchips bluefin remap 310bhp. This little gadget is blooming brilliant... The lag is definitely improved and accelerator response is much better with improved boost control!

Snap, same car same map, great responsive drive. Great sound if you don't want the chav boy flutter.

I must admit I did like that blip in the exhaust and did notice it wasn't there. I have read that you can remove the spring to get it back but then it kind of defeats the whole point of having it (apart from durability). Still early days will see how I get on with it. You had yours on long?

Jay hi,

Fitted mine yesterday onto my A3. Really pleased too with the purchase. You fitted the carbonspeed intake yet?

Kevin

Having mine fitted on Saturday in my remapped 2.0 tfsi A3, looking forward to seeing what difference it makes.

I did that today also. I didn't bother with the bolts as it's so blinking tight to be able to get the torx driver in there but it sits there comfortably which is good enough for me. Bit like yourself not sure if it's actually benefiting but definitely looks better cheers

Having mine fitted on Saturday in my remapped 2.0 tfsi A3, looking forward to seeing what difference it makes.

Takes 5mins to fit yourself... I'd be out there tonight doing it! simple

I must admit I did like that blip in the exhaust and did notice it wasn't there. I have read that you can remove the spring to get it back but then it kind of defeats the whole point of having it (apart from durability). Still early days will see how I get on with it. You had yours on long?

Still get a nice blip in the exhaust, did you make sure the pistons and springs are really oiled up before fitting? Had mine a month or so but took it off last weekend to make sure it was fully lubricated after reading other advice.

easy to fit even with the engine cover on, screws a bit fiddly but do able

This is on my list. I dont think ive seen anything other than positive, or neutral at worst, feedback on these.

I made sure the brass piston was oiled up, to prevent the metal on metal noise. But that was all. I didn't really have a long enough drive to be fair but I'll do that in the next few days to play around

mine is quite loud. what about yours guys?

yes. louder than oem one?
mine wasn't that loud at the begining. and now is as loud as it was my forge vacuum operated dv. strange..

Very strange. There's never really consistency with any products, however I think the DV+ has been one of the most positive little items around at the mo. Just makes me want to get in and drive hard! Does the re oiling have to be done every now and then or one application enough?

I'm getting one of these on tomorrow and will be interested to see how it performs.

I've mostly read good things about these with the odd story of an issue but for £100 I will give it a go

Had a good drive today and I still can't believe how good it is. Worth every penny!

Very strange. There's never really consistency with any products, however I think the DV+ has been one of the most positive little items around at the mo. Just makes me want to get in and drive hard! Does the re oiling have to be done every now and then or one application enough?

I was told it didn't need any maintenance and it doesn't see much heat so the oil doesn't burn off. Only issue is I'm not sure what oil you are supposed to use. Guess engine oil is best. It wouldn't hurt to check once a year as it saves where on the turbo. I'm going to check it every service cos its easy to do.

Quite agree. I used engine oil anyway so that suits me and no unknown noises produced = winner!

So been over a month now since had this installed and recently been noticing a more and more jerkiness returning... Not as smooth as it once was. I did lubricate the piston as instructed but I'm going to take it apart and re oil... I didn't lube spring though, is this required? Anyone else noticing the benefits degrading in time?

The instructions do not say to lube the spring but I did. I just made sure that my fingers were oily and wiped over the springs and other components. I did give the piston a good coating and also made sure that it ran freely up and down in the black housing. No issues since.

As expected... The DV+ piston was dry as anything... I have re- oiled the piston/spring and inside of the black cradle... It won't be dry again let's put it that way. Going to have a drive in a bit so hopefully shall see an improvement as I had when I first installed it

Hmmm are there reall gains in performance with this or is it just another engine upgrade to say you've got it? lol (you know exactly what I mean)

Serious question.... If it does make a noticible difference in performance/responsivness, then I will buy one! :)

Oh and another thing, in 1st gear, mine definitely is jittery and not smooth... any ideas? Mines a manual!
I always pull away slow and change to second asap

Not so much gains mate but more of taking away the jerkiness and is much more responsive as the boost pressure is gradual and constant as appose to on/off with the OEM version. You can definitely notice the difference and if it makes your ride smoother it's 100% worth the £100!

If that wasn't good enough... Put it this way I've just driven 15miles with it re oiled and my god it's a new car, makes the car drive so smooth and so much more responsive! Buy it!

I'm interested in one of these but I think I am going to wait until more people have got them and given feedback.

Jay do you think you will have to keep re-oiling? It's strange that the instructions do not say lube the spring but you those of you who have say its much better.

Mines been fitted now for about 6 months and had no problems with it so far. Boosts easier and also holds boost for longer which is good in my books.

Brodster, have you re-oiled yours?

It may have been because I didn't use enough oil as I maybe was a tad on the cautious side. But this morning it was bone dry and signs of rubbing was apparent albeit very slight. As mentioned before I can't see why the spring would need oiling but the piston and perhaps the cradle once lubed is definitely noticeable. Even in sports mode (DSG) the change down is no where near as harsh as it use to be... It's literary a 5min job so will definitely be checking as of service intervals for peace of mind.

Oh and another thing, in 1st gear, mine definitely is jittery and not smooth... any ideas? Mines a manual!
I always pull away slow and change to second asap

Same here mate. I find the s3 8p is quite difficult to change smoothly from 1st to 2nd. I really need to watch the clutch and throttle more so than any other gear.

Same here mate. I find the s3 8p is quite difficult to change smoothly from 1st to 2nd. I really need to watch the clutch and throttle more so than any other gear.

Ye exactly, well if this thing helps with that im getting one!

Last edited:
Morning gents

I've had the DV+ fitted for quite a while now and the last few months have noticed a fluttering sound from the car when idling/ revs drop when pulling away. Firstly, does anyone else has this flutter after adding this DV+? And secondly I never did notice it first of all but it's actually starting to affect the performance of the car now as its almost as though I have a boost leak (which audi have said it sounds like the back pressure) and superchips have also said it sounds DV related. I'm guessing with the DV+ having such a small orifice for the air to travel through it may be causing this flutter? I regularly lubricate but I'm going to swap back to the OEM version to see if the boost leak is Dv+ related.

Any thoughts?

Which DV+ did you buy?

I'm looking to get 1?

I seen the GF DV+ is that the beast on the market?

Cheers

GFB one. Strange thing is, when I first had it on it was brilliant and considering it's made from brass it really is an engineered piece of kit. And I did feel the benefit of it instantly without the flutter. It's only been recently its occurred, which makes me wonder if it's leaking elsewhere... OR if it's a common thing then perhaps I just wasn't aware of the noise at the time and I'm just paranoid about it now I've heard it.

To rule out the DV do you still have your OEM DV, fit that and see if the problem persists.

Waiting for the engine to cool down then that's my next avenue... Definitely boost related as I even get the whistle sound when my foots down of the boost escaping. Perhaps may try with the stock stiffer spring too to see if that has any difference

I believe there was a revised version with a black plunger inside for k04 cars. Might be worth while checking which one you purchased.

Also they shouldn't need oiling (except a dab of engine oil on install). There will be a bit of oil vapour in the boosted system that will make its way through to the intercooler and the DV. I have had mine on for 8k miles now and it still boosts and holds fine with minimal lag. I get all the usual flutters and noises as when it first got installed its great

^ interesting... Will be checking the web for that revision then. I'm assuming the revision is on the GFB DV+? My OEM was the black plunger type

Last edited:
Ive got mine today, and withing 5 minutes it was on. Not driven it yet, but only after i had installed it i read about lubing the brass piston :( so out again, oiled and back in. Hardly difficult luckily.

As said, i would not lube the **** out of it, but use engine oil (as it says in the instructions) rather than any grease etc.

Quite a bit of travel in the brass piston though. Have to hold it so it wont fall out when installing. But seems to fit perfectly.

I have had my DV+ since February and an happy with it overall. You do get better throttle response and it holds boost better than the OEM valve. However the noise can get annoying after a while, and the performance of the valve will degrade over time if the piston is not oiled semi regularly.

Ok so I've reverted back to OEM version and I'm still getting the fluttering so the DV+ is fine. Must be some other boost related issue. I've always used engine oil to lube it however it's always been bone dry when I get round to doing it again. I did notice some scoring around the piston but it's not the cause of my issue anyway.

Headache!