Battery Drain Fuse F18

dmmacvicar

Reaction score
I have been having issues with battery drain recently and seem to have narrowed it down to Fuse F18 (Audio Amplifier) I do noticed that I still get a hiss from the speakers even when the car is turned off. Removing this fuse also removes the hiss. I am wondering if this hiss is normal with BOSE setup even when car is switched off? I cant say I have ever noticed it before.

AUDI S3 8P2

Last edited:
I've not noticed a hiss on my Boss equipped car.
Could be the head unit's auto shut down feature has gone faulty.
Sorry on idea how to reset it. Perhaps try a battery disconnect for 30 mins.

I've not noticed a hiss on my Boss equipped car.
Could be the head unit's auto shut down feature has gone faulty.
Sorry on idea how to reset it. Perhaps try a battery disconnect for 30 mins.
On further investigation I have also found that my RNSE is also drawing about 1.4A when car if off and unit powered down. This is, as you said, why my amp was still drawing 0.8A. Not sure where to start now as id imagine the unit is for the bin :(

Further developments. Had tester placed on battery and something still drawing current. Removed RNSE and now no drain. Not sure why this was happening as I had pulled the fuse on the RNSE?!?!

I turns out that I have also damaged the original battery as I have drained it so much. New battery in the car with RNSE pulled so will see what happens over next couple of days. I hope I do not have a dud RNSE :(

According to my handbook its F18 engine bay for Audio Amp and inside fuse 9 For Nav/Radio (RNSE)