apparently turbo leaking oil into air system??

D17 JLN

Reaction score
took my a3 to have the egr valve cleaned out today, and when i went to pick the car up the mechanic told me that the turbo is leaking oil into the air system... not sure what to do or what to believe, could anyone help me out, if this is true does it mean my cars ****ed or is the turbo on its way out?? what damage will it actually do? cheers

All turbos leak a bit of oil vapour into the intercooler/intake system, as long as it's not dropping large amounts in (does your oil level drop rapidly?) it's not really an issue.

All turbos leak a bit of oil vapour into the intercooler/intake system, as long as it's not dropping large amounts in (does your oil level drop rapidly?) it's not really an issue.

Cheers for your reply mate, my oil levels havent seemed to drop and i use the car daily, ill check it in abit and have alook, i have read that its normal for alittle leak, but im juat wondering if the guys that done it are just cowboys and trying to get abit of coin out of me, ill check my oil today and ill monitor it for a few days see if it dropa rapidly or not, cheers mate