AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Gear oil change to help shift

Decided to change the oil on my 102k 06 2.0TDI 6 speed box as the change wasn't the best especially when cold, looking through the forums the general opinion was to use the latest VW/Audi Gear Oil (G 052 171 A2), changed the oil (came out very dirty)and... change is worse! very notchy and a slight grind 1st to 2nd and up to 3rd which wasn't an issue before. Im changing the oil this coming weekend for Total 75 80 GL4 Mineral gear oil to see if it makes any difference as I know from experience that on worn syncros (Honda S2000 Box) the mineral gear oil allowed more bite and stopped a very slight 5th to 6th gear grind, will update when the change is done, can't be any worse!
    Votex Front Lip | 19" RS4 Anthracite | S3 Rear Valance | S3 Pedals | Votex Spoiler | H&R 35MM | LED Sidelights | Alcantara DTM Steering Wheel | S2000 Locost race car !

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Changed the box oil for Total BV 75W80 Transmission Manual Gear Box Oil TOT-149980-2 - 2x1L = 2 Litre | eBay, it is an improvement over the VW Oil, with a smoother feeling to the shift but still makes the occasional grind on the 1st to 2nd change when cold. Also did a gear linkage reset which did seem to tighten up the throw although I pulled too much slack out of the cables the first go at it and was panicking as it wouldn't select first gear, just loosened of the adjustment slightly and problem solved Think I will just have to put up with the occasional grind when cold though
    Votex Front Lip | 19" RS4 Anthracite | S3 Rear Valance | S3 Pedals | Votex Spoiler | H&R 35MM | LED Sidelights | Alcantara DTM Steering Wheel | S2000 Locost race car !