My S3 Build Thread

mechanic69

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Finally got myself a Sprint Blue 2011 Black Edition S3 DSG after my 54 plate V6 Sport. Got a list of mods as long as my arm but as funds allow I'll update.

Pic of motor at the dealers before I picked her up

IMG 1886 zps918d1707

First mods fitted on first weekend. Bluefin Stage 1 remap done until I go REVO Stage 2+. Thought I ballsed it up but found out they sent the manual map instead of the DSG one. Got it sorted and it makes an instant improvement.

Pressure washed an shiny when the sun came out

DSC01596DSC01585

Cruise control kit from Stoke Audi fitted, easy half hour fit and code with VCDS.

DSC01613 zps5fa6ae15

Ebay is a pain saw these exclusive leather stitched door rests and knee pads so had to get them!

Before
DSC01614

and after
DSC01620

Door arm rest before
DSC01612

after
DSC01616

Waiting for the centre arm rest to turn up.

Got Bilsteins and Eibach springs in the garage waiting to be fitted, will update when done.

Future mods:
Loba HPFP
DSG remap
CAI
TTS Engine cover
Turbo back exhaust
Stage 2+ or 3
Brake upgrade
ALK and ARBs
Intercooler

Sorry for the small pics, if anyone knows how to post larger pics please PM me as I can't figure it out!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: warren_S5
Can i ask why you have gone for a bluefin stage 1 if you intend to go to Revo later on? Its only the difference in price between each map to switch stages with Revo, so if you paid out say £500 for stage 1, it would only cost you another £100 when you want to go to stage 2+.

As it stands its cost you £400 for a bluefin then its gonna be another £600 to switch over to Revo….

I would also ditch the Revo intake and get the CTS Turbo one from Brodster, £275, revo is well over £400 iirc? And get a BCS Exhaust, again from Brodster they're less than £1000 for the full system (and much better quality) whereas the Milltek is £1250!!!

Can i ask why you have gone for a bluefin stage 1 if you intend to go to Revo later on? Its only the difference in price between each map to switch stages with Revo, so if you paid out say £500 for stage 1, it would only cost you another £100 when you want to go to stage 2+.

As it stands its cost you £400 for a bluefin then its gonna be another £600 to switch over to Revo….

I would also ditch the Revo intake and get the CTS Turbo one from Brodster, £275, revo is well over £400 iirc? And get a BCS Exhaust, again from Brodster they're less than £1000 for the full system (and much better quality) whereas the Milltek is £1250!!!

Good point well made Dave, I didnt really think when I got the Bluefin just wanted something quick and easy to do at home. Was thinking if I get the hardware for Stage 2+ then a custom remap would be better than the Bluefin stage 2?? Still time to think on that though.

How good is the CTS CAI? I'd read on here the Revo one is best for power gains. I'll take at look at the stuff from Brodster too, thanks.

Last edited:
You could go bluefin stage 3 which is what I am going to do.

Dave-S3 do you have any pics of the CTS intake and what are you running yourself?

Dave-S3 do you have any pics of the CTS intake and what are you running yourself?
Im not running anything on mine… yet, but heres a pic of the CTS.

1462600_10152657909659057_1892102884_o.jpg

Another option is the Auto Sports induction kit thats £275 + 75 for the heat shield, the CTS is £275 all in. I haven't seen any evidence personally that the Revo is the best, but its your money :)

You can jump to whatever stage you like provided you have the right supporting hardware, i wouldnt bother with stage 2 though, when 2+ is only a fuel pump away and the gains are massive across the rev range.

How have you found bluefin stage 1 with the DSG, I've always been a little weary of bluefin I've read a few horror stories on here of them but then I've also read lots of positives too!

Reactions: warren_S5
Im not running anything on mine… yet, but heres a pic of the CTS.

1462600_10152657909659057_1892102884_o.jpg

Another option is the Auto Sports induction kit thats £275 + 75 for the heat shield, the CTS is £275 all in. I haven't seen any evidence personally that the Revo is the best, but its your money :)

You can jump to whatever stage you like provided you have the right supporting hardware, i wouldnt bother with stage 2 though, when 2+ is only a fuel pump away and the gains are massive across the rev range.

How have you found bluefin stage 1 with the DSG, I've always been a little weary of bluefin I've read a few horror stories on here of them but then I've also read lots of positives too!

CTS looks good, nice one piece design. I see the MAF connector but how does it fit into the pipe?

I've found the bluefin to be a noticeable difference over the stock performance. The first map they sent was for the manual so my first drive was very disappointing, but emailed them and auto map was there 5mins later, put that in and sorted, very good after. Not sure what BHP she's running but they quote around 300. My first time with a remap and auto so not much to compare it too but it goes well.

Yeah i like to see exactly how the cars performing, so i want a remap with a dyno before and after luckily theres a few places around the NW that can do this for me lol! Not sure how it connects, lots of the lads on here have them after Brodster has done a few group buys and they've all been really pleased, rare bit of kit too since its imported from the states! PM Mark (Brodster) with any questions, he's a top guy and will sort you out, he's a dealer for all the kit you need for stage 2+ plus lots more!!

Really like the leather bits, how can I get myself a set?

Lovely looking car mate.

Good point well made Dave, I didnt really think when I got the Bluefin just wanted something quick and easy to do at home. Was thinking if I get the hardware for Stage 2+ then a custom remap would be better than the Bluefin stage 2?? Still time to think on that though.

How good is the CTS CAI? I'd read on here the Revo one is best for power gains. I'll take at look at the stuff from Brodster too, thanks.

You get what you pay for when it comes to intakes, we have seen gains of 40BHP on the Revo Intake during testing and it flows greater than other intakes. It's a fully developed intake, the pipe is 90mm and stepped down for the MAF, creating a much higher air flow, also the joints are all stepped smoothly internally, so unlike the example shown won't hit a sudden edge, especially on the cone end. The internals of the Revo cone are also shared by the BTCC intakes.

Here's just another review from this weekend - https://www.facebook.com/128335013883006/photos/pcb.667707049945797/667706386612530/?type=1&theater

10312407 667706419945860 4070590577642655216 n

Last edited:
Reactions: s3_trev
Nice car, love that colour, you have some good plans for it too.

I have recently fitted the Revo Intake and very impressed with it, increased MAF readings by 20 g/s (16 bhp approx)

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
Nice car, love that colour, you have some good plans for it too.

I have recently fitted the Revo Intake and very impressed with it, increased MAF readings by 20 g/s (16 bhp approx)

I saw that on here somewhere as well which was tipping me towards it even though its 100 quid more.

I bought mine from LVS Racing on eBay.

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
I went powder coated. Email the guy for fitment. Can't see how it's different on the 2011 though.

I went powder coated. Email the guy for fitment. Can't see how it's different on the 2011 though.

Yeah done that, see what they say.

Update - replied and it fits 2011. Looks like only difference is CTS looks 70mm dia all the way thro with the REVO being 90mm reducing to 70mm near the turbo, think the REVO is running a larger filter too.

Both look good so thinking cap on!!

Last edited:
£310 is pretty damn good for the Revo one, plus its available right away, the CTS you would have to wait for! Im just wondering what sort of extra gains the heat coated one has over the powder coated one?

The heat coated one is more for long full boost runs, like track days or Hill sprints where you need maximum power. I give my car beans a lot and never experience any power drops from heat soaking.

The heat coated one is more for long full boost runs, like track days or Hill sprints where you need maximum power. I give my car beans a lot and never experience any power drops from heat soaking.

Reviews on here said same coated one for track days, I'm into fast road may do track one day but priority is road use.

Bigger intake filter and tube sold it for me.

Dan - have you got the heat shield over the exhaust fitted?

Mine didn't come with a heat shield, but there is already the OEM heatshield there.

Here's the CTS heatshield on mine

16822879-1232-4112-9541-A2D3A8D7F10F_zps11gp7bif.jpg~original

It's way bigger than the standard heatshield and fits right on top of the standard one with the original mounting points.

Good shout on the Revo one for £310 tho.

I bought mine off him a while back too £300 delivered, result! I bought this heatshield for £20 on eBay from Ryan at garage midnight, fits a treat sorry t
he pic doesn't show much but looks the same as the one someone posted above.
1180AC8F-C891-4DB8-B798-C402B7B6CD4D_zpsqe9rnq0b.jpg
[/URL]

I though you was on about a Revo heat shield, not a CTS one.

I bought mine off him a while back too £300 delivered, result! I bought this heatshield for £20 on eBay from Ryan at garage midnight, fits a treat sorry t
[/URL]

Do you have the link to the heatsheild on ebay

[/URL]

Nice mod Jimbo, looks like you need a DV+ in there

I think I may have just bought the last revo induction kit for £300 from the same dude! Never had an induction kit before so apologises for the novice question, would I need the heat shield that is mentioned above? Hoping this along with the dv+ and superchips bluefin will sound and run a dream!

Ps - just re read thread and saw there's already a standard heat shield fitted! Apologises

This bloke darling-buds off ebay advertises as gen OEM from an RS3, they are made from gen audi parts but could easily be trimmed anywhere I guess but they are proper quality job with matching nappa leather and silver or red stitching, faultless, link here

Genuine Exclusive Audi A3 8P RS3 S3 Leather Console Knee Pads arm rest | eBay

Lush car with some really tasteful mods! Great work, looking forward to seeing this come together...

However I will also be blaming you for the next £500+ im about to spend on both the knee pads/guards and the arm rests! Lush! Got to have them in my Black Edition!

- EDIT - Are the doors on a 3 / 5 dr the same size then? I always thought they were different... I only ask as your arm rests fit fine and the RS3 is only done in a 5 door....

Last edited:
[/URL]

That is one really neat,clean,tidy engine bay.

You get what you pay for when it comes to intakes, we have seen gains of 40BHP on the Revo Intake during testing and it flows greater than other intakes. It's a fully developed intake, the pipe is 90mm and stepped down for the MAF, creating a much higher air flow, also the joints are all stepped smoothly internally, so unlike the example shown won't hit a sudden edge, especially on the cone end. The internals of the Revo cone are also shared by the BTCC intakes.

Here's just another review from this weekend - https://www.facebook.com/128335013883006/photos/pcb.667707049945797/667706386612530/?type=1&theater

View attachment 33470

Does that mean if I produce one and price it at £800, it is better than the Revo one? :p

Does that mean if I produce one and price it at £800, it is better than the Revo one? :p

Better for you if you're selling it,yes.

Better for the car it's being bolted to....not unless you've designed,developed,and tested properly,and better than Revo,AMD,and ITG can.

I think I may have just bought the last revo induction kit for £300 from the same dude! Never had an induction kit before so apologises for the novice question, would I need the heat shield that is mentioned above? Hoping this along with the dv+ and superchips bluefin will sound and run a dream!

Ps - just re read thread and saw there's already a standard heat shield fitted! Apologises

Nice brushed steel one for 20 quid goes over stock item. gives a nice look to the engine bay and soaks up additional heat, lowering the intake temp. Ordered one from Garage Midnight. Not essential but an nice addition.

Lush car with some really tasteful mods! Great work, looking forward to seeing this come together...

However I will also be blaming you for the next £500+ im about to spend on both the knee pads/guards and the arm rests! Lush! Got to have them in my Black Edition!

- EDIT - Are the doors on a 3 / 5 dr the same size then? I always thought they were different... I only ask as your arm rests fit fine and the RS3 is only done in a 5 door....

Cheers Tim, you'll need a bit more than 500 quid mate happy bidding.

Good point you make about 5 door only, I said earlier that these are defo audi parts that are then trimmed. But I'm still not sure they are from the factory. They are well done and match the existing trim exactly. Got the centre armrest on order, they also do hand grabs and sun visors too. Open the wallet and dig deep, lol.