Recommendations please

Alasdaircm

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here so apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I am am looking to get an A3 Sportback, I have around £7k to spend. ideally petrol engine and I live in London so the high performance ones are out due to insurance. So I'm looking at the 2.0 rather than the 1.6 as it sounds weak.
thoughts?

thanke

Hi Alasdair....

Had you thought of a diesel instead?
If you live/commute in London,the extra torque and mpg may be useful,and the performance may actually be better than a normally aspirated 2.0 petrol.

Given what I drive right now,that sort of thing would be my choice for London.

I don't do huge miles. Most of my journeys are a few miles. Thought the petrol would be better

I don't do huge miles. Most of my journeys are a few miles. Thought the petrol would be better

Maybe so in that case.....I 've had a few Audi diesels along the way,including an A3 and an A4 Avant,and didn't at that time do more than 12 000 miles/yr,so it may be worth a look and widen your field of cars to try.

Thanks Alex. Having a look now. Curious what I need to look out for when searching/viewing. Any pointers?

Thanks Alex. Having a look now. Curious what I need to look out for when searching/viewing. Any pointers?

Aside from the usual things,like full service history,also look for any upgrades etc,like remaps,and also ensure that all service issues such as cam belts etc have been done on time.

Generally,these are very reliable cars,if treated well.

When's the service interval for cam belts?

You'll need to wait for someone else to pop in....

Mine is totally off the Audi service scales now,and most bits are replaced/changed far more often than they say.

Audi say evey 5 years or whatever the specified mileage is for the model.