Exhaust Question !!

Zorty

Reaction score
Hi all,

sorry if this has been covered before, been searching but no joy,

i have a Audi A3 140 TDI and have coverted to S3 Rep, the current exhaust does not sit right with the S3 rear bumper and i would like to have the EXACT S3 exhaust look, what options do i have to do this as the actual backbox will not if ??

i would prefer to have the exact tail pips, am located in West yorkshire

thanks in advance ppl :)

You say the back box doesnt fit? as in it is touching the grey diffuser part?

Easiest solution is to remove the back box and have some tips welded onto the new exhaust pipe.

UNIVERSAL TWIN DOUBLE SPORT CHROME EXHAUST PIPE TRIM TIP TAIL 266 | eBay

If your really stuck, give Tony a ring: Custom Exhausts By Tony Banks

Jonny.

Thanks Jonny, its not touches but almost is and looks stupid, i been looking on ebay but they are all single to double, mine is a double at the moment and want to go for the exact look of the S3 one, will try Tony Banks or will have to buy a S3 boxbox and cut the tips of and give to a Custom Exhaust place to Weld on. :)

Just go all out and get a cat back, will remove the back box and have a single pipe from cat to the back and he can position and weld the tips on. That is what he will more than likely suggest to do.

Jonny

Just go all out and get a cat back, will remove the back box and have a single pipe from cat to the back and he can position and weld the tips on. That is what he will more than likely suggest to do.

Jonny

Sorry thats what i meant lol :)

My A3 Rear
Any pics of the car bud

Can you see the S3 rear Valance and my excising Sline exhaust.

That looks the same as mine and i have a milltek back box, its a **** pic but you can see the gap on the left hand side,

This one is a little better:

To adjust it to make it more central the back box needs disconecting and rotating ever so slightly. I keep meaning to do it but an never be *****!

Jonny

Hi

I guys i have the same problem !!!! i have a tdi sline 170 where my back exhaust tips just look stupid want the s3 look . Has anyone done the modification some photos and description of what they did to achieve the look would be great.

Thanks in advance guys