2011 - 2008 boot difference ??

chrisn900

Reaction score
I have a 2011 S line A3 diesel black edition and my partner has a 2008 1.4 tfsi Se A3 .
We were looking in the boots at weekend and noticed the boot on mine is much deeper than the petrol one.
I looked inside the cover and the 1.4 seems to have a 'bread basket' sort of thingy which looks like it can be turned upside down for storage etc.....is this what its for as I'm curious to why there is the difference.
My previous A3 (2006) had a normal depth boot.
Thanks for any clarification on this :)

I have a 2011 S line A3 diesel black edition and my partner has a 2008 1.4 tfsi Se A3 .
We were looking in the boots at weekend and noticed the boot on mine is much deeper than the petrol one.
I looked inside the cover and the 1.4 seems to have a 'bread basket' sort of thingy which looks like it can be turned upside down for storage etc.....is this what its for as I'm curious to why there is the difference.
My previous A3 (2006) had a normal depth boot.
Thanks for any clarification on this :)

Long shot , is the spare wheel on the later models underneath the car and not in the boot?

Actually I don't think that would even make a difference ha ain't gotta clue

mines a 2.0 tdi s line black edition non quattro and the other is a 1.4 tfsi non quattro :)

What (if any) spare wheels are present?

The boot lid had a facelift at one stage, there is a thread about it.

inside the boot....they are both 5 door sportbacks ..........the boot floor cover is higher on the 1.4 than on my 2.0 diesel....wondering why if any reason in particular