*** HID group buy from WELLDONEHID. Wiper safe. ***

Incorrect, top one is 5000k diamond vision bulbs bottom is 6000k hid bulb.

I was also given 4300k bulbs and they are awful to sit behind, you pick out more detail on the road like stones etc with 6000k due to the colour.

6000k is better for lanes too as you can see oncoming traffics lights in your whiter/bluer light.

never heard of a colour temp actually meaning anything/working on halogens lol. they all look the same/****. cept trups' lol which are pretty white.

We just repaired a wiper motor that came from France (Le Perray en Yvelines)
Ready to send back to the owner today!

13952160110_63c788b5fe_z.jpg

14135854642_1c93ec2cb9_z.jpg

Just to let you know that Wiper motor repair also has 20% Off because of the Group Buy
www.audi-sport.net/vb/welldonehid/215970-wiper-motor-repair-%5Baudi-a3-8p%5D.html

Same as all Welldone HID kits:
- WD01 = £32
- WG04 = £64
- WG08 = £90
- WG07 = £90
- WG50 = £101
- Specific = £103

Last edited:
Very interested in this but i'm going to be 'that' guy.

As mentioned he Dan (Welldonehid) directly via PM I have aftermarket headlights so have been concerned with the fitment of the HID kits, however he has assured me that "Sure you can install the HID kit in any aftermarket." which is fantastic.

My question is, with welldone/this groupbuy are we covered by any warranty (of the parts) or returns if needed? And are we covered for any wiper faults (which i'm sure there will be none, not having a dig haha)

Told you I had to be that guy but i'm sure i'll be dropping my name down for a kit very soon. Cheers!

I was initially sent the wrong kit, well done payed for me to post back to them while they sent out the correct kit at a deal price.

I also had issues with hid bulbs flickering when main beam was also being used, Welldone sent out new ballasts free in order to correct the issue.

I'm sure you'll have no problems with the company, like I said before, as long as you contact them through whatsapp customer service is great.

I was initially sent the wrong kit, well done payed for me to post back to them while they sent out the correct kit at a deal price.

I also had issues with hid bulbs flickering when main beam was also being used, Welldone sent out new ballasts free in order to correct the issue.

I'm sure you'll have no problems with the company, like I said before, as long as you contact them through whatsapp customer service is great.

Ah brilliant! Don't get me wrong i'm all for the company and all that, i just like to know where I stand with things these days, had alot of problems with parts and such alike with all matter of things over the years with other companies and as the income is getting less and the wallet is getting even more neglected so like to know where i'm at before buying.

:laugh:

Ah brilliant! Don't get me wrong i'm all for the company and all that, i just like to know where I stand with things these days, had alot of problems with parts and such alike with all matter of things over the years with other companies and as the income is getting less and the wallet is getting even more neglected so like to know where i'm at before buying.

:laugh:

Initially I thought the same as I was the first person to purchase from them on here as far as I know, nobody had bought them before or as far as we knew nobody had tried the product before. Was a bit nervous when I first started using them and after no reply from Welldone through emails I thought the worst. But then after such helpful advise and co operation through whatsapp and them saying they won't give up until my product was flawless helps to settle the mind.

also because WellDone are not that well known and heard of, i would believe it would be in their best interest to be helpful and sell a great product.

I mean, if all our wipers blow, theres going to be alot of angry forum members posting around, that would be the end of the companys name, so its their business on the line. and welldone are confident obviously so we should all be also!

Im looking forward to fitting it lol.

True say, well going by what has been said above and I have been assured that any one of the kits will fit my aftermarket lights by dan himself, put me down for an A38P H7 6000K please.

1. JJ.Foulds -> A38P 6000k H7
2. keram -> A38P 4300K H7
3. HenrikMeister -> A38P 6000K H7
4. bagger_12 -> A38P 6000k H7
5. frujillo -> WG04 6000k H7
6. Pakaniko -> A38P 6000k H7
7. AdamA38P -> A38P 6000k H7
8. Dvapower -> A38P 6000k H7 (2 x kits)
9. Siddo -> A38P 6000k H7

Very interested in this but i'm going to be 'that' guy.

My question is, with welldone/this groupbuy are we covered by any warranty (of the parts) or returns if needed? And are we covered for any wiper faults (which i'm sure there will be none, not having a dig haha)

Told you I had to be that guy but i'm sure i'll be dropping my name down for a kit very soon. Cheers!

Hi Siddo,

I understand your doubts & fears, happens all the time in every forum. :laugh:
People had already to many bad experiences related to the wiper motor in the Audi A3.
Let me explain to you about it & give you more details.

We offer 3 year guarantee in all our HID kits (except the cheapest one WD01, since it's only £40)
On top of that, we pay for any shipment or return of any part in guarantee.
Usually companies ask the client to send the goods back to the warehouse & pay for the shipping.

Covered for wiper motor faults?
That will never happen with our HID kit for Audi A3.
Our HID won't blow away wiper motors (A3 & Peugeot 407) nor make interference with radio or ABS /ESP (A4).

I want to let you know that you are not early adopters for this product.
This HID kits were developed in 2008 (6 years ago) since then only minor updates were made to the kit.
Few Audi A3 owners were testing this kits from September 2008 in Spain & after some months using the HID kit without issues we started to offer them to the public.
Until 2008 we refused to install HID kits on any Audi A3 8P, since we were very aware of the consequences.

- Review of a Spanish client in January 2009 (after the 1st Group Buy):
Kit Xenon Welldone especial A3 8P - Audi A3 8P (2003-2012) - Audisport Iberica

- Review of a Canadian client in April 2011.
VWVortex.com - Well-Done HID kits

About 10 Group Buys were made in different Audi forums since then.
Won't post the links because there are so many... but anyone can google about it.
Not a single person in those Group Buys had an issue with their wiper motor.

also because WellDone are not that well known and heard of, i would believe it would be in their best interest to be helpful and sell a great product.

I mean, if all our wipers blow, theres going to be a lot of angry forum members posting around, that would be the end of the companys name, so its their business on the line. and welldone are confident obviously so we should all be also!

Im looking forward to fitting it lol.

Right JJ, we are very confident about it :happy:
It's been about 10 Group Buys without any issue.
Don't have knowledge about anyone doing GB for Audi A3 8P.
HID companies try not to work with this cars.

Our company is not well known in UK yet.
In many Audi forums from other countries people only recommend to use this HID kits.
Anyone worried about their wiper motor can google about it & will find lots of reviews & feedback from real users.

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing that up Dan,
To clarify I do have all faith with your products over all the other crap that's out there hence why I've put my name down for a kit!
Looking forward to getting it bought and installed now!

I'd be happy to also write a full review of the kit, installation and everything just like others have for the benifit of the other forum users.

Cheers!

I would like to order the WD01 for my A3 8L (2001)

Last edited:
Sorry, the kit that I need is a WG08, please, correct this detail.

6. Pakaniko -> WG08 6000k H7
10. Raphster -> A38P 6000k H7

FAQ.

1. Can i have the discount code before the group buy ends so i dont have to wait?
No.

2. Is there a limit to participants?
There is no limit, only a closing date which will be inside of the 3/4 weeks from starting date.

True say, well going by what has been said above and I have been assured that any one of the kits will fit my aftermarket lights by dan himself, put me down for an A38P H7 6000K please.

For those asking about Welldone HID kits & aftermarket headlights you don't have any think to worry about it.
They can be installed without any issue.
Found some pics from clients using our HID for A3 in different headlights for your reference.

LTI headlights from Spanish client with A38P HID kit:
14180665973_ec4fdeaf0f.jpg

13973929607_7b9434047e.jpg

LTI headlights from French client with OEM Valeo HID kit:
(First installed an aftermarket HID kit & broke his wiper motor, motor was repaired & Welldone OEM HID installed)
13974054660_e883ce9536_z.jpg

LTI headlights from UK client:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...8446-honest-opinions-please-some-my-mods.html
15312d1368221716-honest-opinions-please-some-my-mods-15.jpg

Dayline DRL headlights from US client
dsc2706e.jpg

Dayline DRL headlights from another US client:
(Before he installed aftermarket HID & broke his wiper motor)
VWVortex.com - Help needed connecting aftermarket LED DRLs
photocopy_zps569275f2.jpg

Dayline headlights from Michael, client from Taiwan. Very good photographer by the way.
(he broke twice his wiper motor before trying Welldone HID kits)
14161225064_4c33b18c75_z.jpg

14137950636_8b1339eb58_z.jpg

Angel Eyes headlights from Spanish client
DSC04078.jpg

(HID vs Halogen)

DSC04079.jpg

(HID)

DSC04081.jpg

(Halogen)

DSC04084.jpg

OEM Xenon headlights from Spanish client with A38P HID kit
1212.JPG

There has been a company in the UK apart from the one u mentioned that has been doing aftermarket hid for a3's with 24 month warranty and works perfectly for the car for a one off cost of around £60.

There has been a company in the UK apart from the one u mentioned that has been doing aftermarket hid for a3's with 24 month warranty and works perfectly for the car for a one off cost of around £60.

There are hundreds of companies selling "HID for Audi A3", none of them safe for the wiper motor no matter what they claim.

This companies use a regular cheap aftermarket HID kit (like the HID kits we sell at £40) & add some relays, battery harness, to sell it as HID for Audi A3.
Within 24h or within 3 years, most likely the wiper motor will fail.
If you are lucky enough, it will never fail, but just because your Audi A3 belong to the 20% that does not have the wiper motor issues and not because of the HID kit you are using.

If adding relays or battery harness to a cheap HID kit was the solution, it would have been discovered long time ago.
The solution is much more simple than that, old generation ballast (like the one you have installed) must be avoided.

To guarantee the wiper motor safety new generation HID ballast are needed.
New generation ballast like the ones Audi & VW have been using for the last years, very different from your £60 HID kit.

Few examples of companies claiming they sell HID for A3 & clients reporting problems with the motor.
Your won't see this kind of comments about our A3 HID kit.

mines an 08 3door, wiper motor went bang with the HIDS4U ultimate kit which is advertised as guaranteed not to blow the wiper motor. I was given the relay kit by them which solved it but i eventually took them off and they offered me my money back and went back to halogens, too much of a problem every time i went to the dealers

i have had this problem, i bought the ultimate kit for the reason it said they were ok for use with the A3, which is renowned for having a sensetive wiper motor, mine blew and i had to buy a new one they wouldnt even look at it after they saw it had non audi hids. Supposedly the lights and wiper motor run on the same circuit and are sensetive as feck.
i took the HIDs off in the end and got offered my money back off hids4u as they werent fit for purpose, i still have the relay set for running them off the battery though, it doesnt give bulb out warnings as it still uses the standard bulb connections to supply the on/off signal to the relays which then take power from the battery

Jon TDI said:
Didn't want to register on here because I don't drive an Audi and was only interested in this GB.
However, I felt I had to chip in with the recent discussions above...........

I am running a Well done OEM kit bought from the GB on VWVortex.
No problems what so ever.
I have put my name down for this GB only because I want to change the colour temperature of my existing bulbs.

I have also had a HIDS 4 U Ultimate kit in a previous car. It ran fine for a couple of years until it blew 2 wiper motors within a few months.
I have every faith in the Well Done kit.

I have heard nothing but good news about Welldone over the past 2 years. Some uninformed people on that thread had suggested HIDS4U kits, well I just want to make it clear that I used to have one of those top of the range HIDS4U kits and it blew my wiper motor 3 times. The harness they offer sucks as it causes a constant bulb out fault. I sent the harness back and got rid of the kit, as it was rubbish!

Last edited:
Never meant any disrespect to your product at all. But in actual fact the company where I actually got my kit from have actually been in negotiations with audi/vw in regards to their anti wiper problem and I've know people who have been using this kit for over 5 years, Atleast 10 audi a3 owners.

Never meant any disrespect to your product at all. But in actual fact the company where I actually got my kit from have actually been in negotiations with audi/vw in regards to their anti wiper problem and I've know people who have been using this kit for over 5 years, Atleast 10 audi a3 owners.

What do you mean with they have been in negotiations with Audi/VW ?

People running a HID kit without blowing the motor away is not uncommon.
About 20% of Audi A3 do not suffer any problem with the wiper motor, no matter what HID they use.
We also had clients using HID on their A3 since 2006, some never had any issue with the motor & some did.

Interference that cause the wiper motor to fail is spread by air, due to high voltage (25.000v) from the HID.
HID create many interferences, in the A3 to the wiper motor, in A4B6 to the ABS, to the AM/FM Radio...
As long as there is high voltage the interference can make the wiper motor fail.

11. Mecmevvtyv -> WD01
12. jamesneal91 -> A38P 6000K H7

Jj foulds have you aimed at me for the order welldone? I want A3 8p 6000k, thank you

3. davidjejeje -> A38P 6000K H7
11. Mecmevvtyv -> WD01
12. jamesneal91 -> A38P 6000K H7

Hey Daniel from welldone had contacted me regarding this group buy and Ive been away so i have not had a chance to reply.

Im going to require a set of the plug and play Hid kit with housings and a set of HID for my fogs ( not quite sure on the god bulb size but ill check, the car is an 07' 3.2 S-LINE )

Both sets will be 6000k.

cheers!
C

Hey Daniel from welldone had contacted me regarding this group buy and Ive been away so i have not had a chance to reply.

Im going to require a set of the plug and play Hid kit with housings and a set of HID for my fogs ( not quite sure on the god bulb size but ill check, the car is an 07' 3.2 S-LINE )

Both sets will be 6000k.

cheers!
C

mines an 05 and all the bulbs were H7's (fogs, highs, mains.)

My mains are H11 for sure, i changed them 3 weeks ago before I left home. I cant remember the fog size but I know they are not the same as the normal A3 fogs ( had that problem before )
So this plug and play Kit on the Website does this include the HID and the housings ? anyone ? Id like to have the Projectors with the HID's for my mains.

Cheers !

My mains are H11 for sure, i changed them 3 weeks ago before I left home. I cant remember the fog size but I know they are not the same as the normal A3 fogs ( had that problem before )
So this plug and play Kit on the Website does this include the HID and the housings ? anyone ? Id like to have the Projectors with the HID's for my mains.

Cheers !

Where are you based? as im in UK and all my front bulbs were H7's.

and im sure dan will be here and answer your question for you :) then il get you on the buy

Im in Canada, your 05' has a different front end if memory serves me correctly.

How much for a set of these 6000k H7 outside of the group buy?