foot well lights correct operation.

hollows wife

Reaction score
whilst fitting rear headrest screens for the kids + usb input to rnse i decided to fit the footwell lights , bought from china £16 delivered Led version with loom , connected power to black plug pin 7 .
did coding in vcds for led footwell lights both bytes.

if i put ignition on the illuminate for a few seconds then go out . are they not supposed to stay on whilst the headlights are on ,or are they only illuminated when the door is opened like the puddle lamps ?

Do you have a link to tear but yes that's the correct operation, had them fitted on my S3 which where from factory, my mate has a scirocco with footwell lights and there on all the time when headlights are on and looks really cool

Do they fit the A3 as well? They are different part number than the Audi one I found in ETKA 8D0 947 415 vs. 3AD 947 409. Audi ones are much more expensive from what I have researched. Can you compare them and take a photo possibly? Thanks

They fit in my a3 perfectly ,but I think they need a load resistor as they cause an error in vcds

Thanks, I will order a set then. Was thinking of just sticking the LED strip down the bottom of the door trim but this way it will look much better I guess. Just couple of questions: Are the LEDs replaceable in those lights? can you open them and replace the LEDs for canbus ones so they won't show an error or are they sealed and once they go bust you will need to order a complete light with a casing again?

i know you can open them the led is on a pcb , didnt check about the canbus part but im going to unplug them later anyway and have a look what can be done .