New here need assistance please

Gav1981

Reaction score
Hi! just joined this not sure if I'm even writing on the correct part as I'm on my phone and it's a bit harder but never mind I'll get my head round it, I have an Audi A3 sport 3.2 Quattro on a 54 plate with 90 thou on the clock and I've gained a lovely annoying hesitation around 1800 thou, I looked into it and went through a few things to repair it. I changed the plugs (wanted doing anyway) fuel filter (was the original one so needed to be done) cleaned throttle body and reset, changed coil packs (got them cheap) and replaced maf sensor (this cured it temporarily) now the hesitation seems to have come back but at around 2000-2100 and it's driving me around the bend any help on this would be genuinely appreciated

thanks in advance gav

Reactions: Sandra
Hi Gav, welcome to audi-sport.net. I will move this post into the a3 section for you and sure the boys will be able to advise you. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Hi Gav, welcome to audi-sport.net. I will move this post into the a3 section for you and sure the boys will be able to advise you. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Thanks

Reactions: Sandra
apparently that engine needs a software update that fixes the hesitation. An audi garage should be able to check if yours needs it

apparently that engine needs a software update that fixes the hesitation. An audi garage should be able to check if yours needs it

Right I've spoken to Audi and they said it doesn't need it, I rang Audi uk just in case they were fobbing me off and they said the same, soooo I'm still struggling, I removed the pre cat lamba sensors and soaked them in petrol over night as advised by someone who is alledegely pretty clued up on vags. This did nothing after it burnt off the excess it pretty much went back to how it was. My fuel ecconomy has decreased and seems to be a lot less aggressive than it was before it got the hesitation. lucky for me my friend has just bought the exact same car as me. Can anyone tell me any parts in can swap over to maybe get to the bottom of this?

Gav,

Is the ECU throwing any fault codes?

The V6 is also prone to timing chain issues which is a high cost repair, one reason I got rid of mine and moved to an S3.

Hope you find a solution.

Gav,

Is the ECU throwing any fault codes?

The V6 is also prone to timing chain issues which is a high cost repair, one reason I got rid of mine and moved to an S3.

Hope you find a solution.

the tensioner has been done and is quiet so hopefully nothing to do with that. No dash light and I've plugged it in and no stores faults?
i had an S3 before and loved it but love V6 but not the issues that come with them

I had hesitation issues on our S3 with not much mileage on. The cylinder head had simply coked up. Have you inspected the cylinder head? There is another thread somewhere about this issue and how to get it cleaned using walnut shells - which is something a lot of BMW dealers offer apparently. Given the mileage this is where I'd be looking first.

I had hesitation issues on our S3 with not much mileage on. The cylinder head had simply coked up. Have you inspected the cylinder head? There is another thread somewhere about this issue and how to get it cleaned using walnut shells - which is something a lot of BMW dealers offer apparently. Given the mileage this is where I'd be looking first.

IIRC the 3.2 is not a direct injection engine and will thus not suffer from the coking issues of the TFSi.