Rear bump stops, DIY?

wuta3

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm Tesco Value Noodles broke atm and my rear bump stops are shagged. I have a metal ring rattling around on my shocks.
What's involved in DIY replacement? I was holding off to change springs and shocks, but gonna have to repair for the time being.

Well yea, but I mean for the time being as a temp fix to stop the annoying noise. And then when you can afford waitrose noodles pay for it to be fixed properly

Reactions: wuta3
Well yea, but I mean for the time being as a temp fix to stop the annoying noise. And then when you can afford waitrose noodles pay for it to be fixed properly

LOL Waitrose noodles, one can dream...

TBH, want to get more involved in the mechanics, just not sure how to remove the rear damper

Two bolts at the top of the strut holding it to the chassis and one bolt down the bottom holding it to the lower arm. 5 min job to remove.

Reactions: wuta3
I had the same problem with mine a few weeks ago. As said to stop the annoying rattle sound I cut mine off with a hack saw same off really easy. But ideally I want to fix it properly because the black plastic that goes over the strut Is loose and I don't want amusing going down into it especially in the winter