Wishbone bushes

ahtcap

Reaction score
Looking to change the front wishbone bushes. Not sure which would be the best option. MEYLE HD Front Wishbone Bushes (complete console) from ebay or powerflex PFF85-502,
Handling is not the priority, more which will last longer? & riding quality.
Any input would be grateful.

I've got powerflex bushes all round. The difference is marginal compared to oem
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

Ordered new wishbones, bushes and ball joints for my A3. Does anybody know if the wheel alignment needs doing after changing these? Thanks.

Going to bite the bullet and change my rear wishbone bushes (console) ,to powerflex ones.Any tips on how to remove and refit would be grateful.(car on ramp or car on stands)?
Ive got something to press them out,but a little concerned about get the bushes back on to the wishbone and bolted up.

You are better off buying the whole console, makes the job so much easier. eurocaprparts should sell whole consoles.
When I did mine, did one side at a time. Up one side on stands, etched the position of old console on subframe ( so the new console goes exact same position, hence no need for wheel alignment) then its 3 bolts( 2*16, 1*18) per console to take it off. You will need a breaker bar for the bolts, they are very tight. Also these bolts are knows to snap so soak them in penetrating fluid for a couple of hours before cracking them loose. HTH