Coming home light modification query

newbieboyy

Reaction score
Hello,

i have tried to install the coming home lights modification on my car using the guide here with the repair wire.

However i don't seem to be able to see a connector marked E on the connectors to put the pin into..

what am i missing?!

Here is a photo showing what inhave!!

many thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 816
where did you buy one of those little metal things that go inside the block `? thanks.

and subscribed for interest on of my next mod :p

OP, looking at your previous posts your car is a facelift. Facelift's don't require the wire and the changes are software only through VCDS.

where did you buy one of those little metal things that go inside the block `? thanks.

and subscribed for interest on of my next mod :p

You can get them from RS Components mate, I'll see if I can dig out the part number.

I sell the cable for this modification.

OEM spec cable, plug and play.

PM me if you want one.

Thankz for the replies.

Does it work even without automatic lights? I am sure it was enabled with VCDS last time but it doesnt work.

I also have a cable if you want it. Especially if i dont need it. I got it from a Skoda so it is genuine.

Thankz for the replies.

Does it work even without automatic lights? I am sure it was enabled with VCDS last time but it doesnt work.

Yes, works fine without auto lights, they'll just turn on during the day also. Big thread somewhere on here regarding the facelift setup.

Thankz for the replies.

Coming home lights work of sorts on the facelift without the auto lights pack, you need to code it in and then flick the light stalk before getting out. Unfortunately you can't have leaving home lights at all without the auto light pack :(

Coming home lights work of sorts on the facelift without the auto lights pack, you need to code it in and then flick the light stalk before getting out. Unfortunately you can't have leaving home lights at all without the auto light pack :(

Thats incorrect, you don't need to touch anything to get the coming home lights on, just ignition off and open the drivers door.

Leaving home lights works by unlocking the car with the fob.

Thats incorrect, you don't need to touch anything to get the coming home lights on, just ignition off and open the drivers door.

Leaving home lights works by unlocking the car with the fob.

Not on my facelift, if you can tell me how you've managed it I'd be very interested to know as up until now I didn't believe it to be possible without retrofitting auto lights...

Must be down to your coding as it works as I've described on my 2009 facelift, without autolights.

Will check coding tomorrow and let you know.

Same here, I've a 2009 no auto lights. Leaving home coded fine, coming home nada. That's new on me, flicking the high beam, so I'll try that :)

Is there anyone who can sort this out for me I'm willing to travel. Money waiting

Yeah sorry mate I am looking, unfortunately I'm mid move at the moment. I know the invoice is still in the jiffy bag with the leftover connectors but I have no idea where that jiffy bag is at the moment! If I can't find it this weekend I'll have a skim through their website as I know they're on there somewhere...

Would be interested in coding my 2010 8p3 for either coming/leaving home. I think I tried coding it before but it didn't work.

I can confirm that my 2009 s3, which does not have auto lights, can be coded for both CH and LH, as mentioned above by a6-chris. I do not remember having trouble with this in VCDS. For anyone having trouble with this, have a look at adaptions and try setting the time in here, as this may then activate them.

It does have the disadvantage though of coming on during the day. And as most of my runs are short runs, I disabled both functions, as my battery wasnt getting a chance to properly recharge from the extra draw from having the lights on.

Yeah sorry mate I am looking, unfortunately I'm mid move at the moment. I know the invoice is still in the jiffy bag with the leftover connectors but I have no idea where that jiffy bag is at the moment! If I can't find it this weekend I'll have a skim through their website as I know they're on there somewhere...

i found like 10 repair pins on the bay, but its like £7!!!! WTF lol
Only need 1 lol.

What are they called? what can i search for lol? :p

I can confirm that my 2009 s3, which does not have auto lights, can be coded for both CH and LH, as mentioned above by a6-chris. I do not remember having trouble with this in VCDS. For anyone having trouble with this, have a look at adaptions and try setting the time in here, as this may then activate them.

It does have the disadvantage though of coming on during the day. And as most of my runs are short runs, I disabled both functions, as my battery wasnt getting a chance to properly recharge from the extra draw from having the lights on.

So if you have an early 2009 car there is a chance of getting it to work, after a look into this I believe this will be because some of the early facelifts were still fitted with the old type central electrics module.

However if you've got 3 52pin connectors going into the central electric module as I have on mine then it's a flick of high beam before you get out to operate the coming home function (timing can be set in vcds) and no leaving home, or retrofit auto lights to get both functions as they should be :(

So if you have an early 2009 car there is a chance of getting it to work, after a look into this I believe this will be because some of the early facelifts were still fitted with the old type central electrics module.

However if you've got 3 52pin connectors going into the central electric module as I have on mine then it's a flick of high beam before you get out to operate the coming home function (timing can be set in vcds) and no leaving home, or retrofit auto lights to get both functions as they should be :(

Well that sucks. If possible post up your central electric module id and I will do the same and see how they compare.

i found like 10 repair pins on the bay, but its like £7!!!! WTF lol
Only need 1 lol.

What are they called? what can i search for lol? :p

Yeah they're not cheap unfortunately, I make retrofit harness' so buy in bulk but with postage the connectors still come in around 50p each, some far more than that lol. I believe what you're after are either going to be quadlock connectors or junior power timer connectors, however if it's only one you're after then you're unfortunately probably looking at a min order of around £10 inc delivery to get it!

PM me your address if you want and I'll get one posted to you when I find them...

Last edited:
Well that sucks. If possible post up your central electric module id and I will do the same and see how they compare.

Uploadfromtaptalk1399027603477

Sure, that's mine. If it turns out you've got the same then I'd be very interested to see your coding! :)

(Edit, my coding for the module is as follows)

Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) Labels: 8P0-907-063.clb
Part No SW: 8P0 907 063 N HW: 8P0 907 063 N
Component: BCM PQ35 M 110 0667
Revision: AJ110667
Coding: 06000A2FB017F000206241E02500014C477A23AA014DC122E4088F800041
Shop #: WSC 06314 123 12345
VCID: 3F8DAD22AE4F26E6A2D-806A

Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 8P2 955 119 F HW: 8P2 955 119 F Labels: 1KX-955-119.CLB
Component: Wischer AU350 H10 0040
Coding: 00DD13

Subsystem 2 - Part No: 8P0 951 177
Component: Innenraumuebe H04 0020

Subsystem 3 - Part No: 1K0 951 605 C
Component: LIN BACKUP HO H03 1301

Subsystem 4 - Part No: 1K0 907 719 C
Component: Neigungssenso 005 0003

No fault code found.

Last edited:
We coded my mates MY09 A3 for CH/LH lights without issue... Took us 10mins with vcds and no flick of the lamps required either... I'd check your coding.... Theres numerous threads on it... And hes not got xenons either which in turn should make it that slightly more difficult... Also no repair wire required... I'm sure the repair wire is only needed for prefacelift A3's ...

JJ.... You get repair wires from Audi for like £2

O. right. lol.
Theres a VW dealer near me, should i just go in and buy one? lol

I'd imagine so... Just ask them for a repair wire at the parts desk, thats all I did... Same thing... And 1 wire comes with 2 ends, so in effect you get 2 wires for the price of 1... ;)

Just cut it in the middle and extend it with some crimps... Makes for a tidier installation :)

What is your coding?

The only coding I have found from here is fairly different from mine.

I have the options ticked but the only thing that i din't do was try the time change trick? Mainly because i couldn't see how to change the time from VCDS.

I have access to VCDS tomorrow so if you know what the coding should be (PM if you wish) I would be very grateful I have the CH lights working if I pull back on the stalk but be easier if more automatic (Makes the OH feel more comfortable driving it at night and leaving in car parks too).

Many Thanks

Just a quick question.... Do you have the centre display.?

Centre Display?

Do you mean DIS the display in the dash board? (Between revs and speed) - If so Yes.

Just to confirm the above, missed it first time around but it's actually referenced on rosstechs website.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_A3/S3_&_A3_Cabriolet_(8P/FM)_Tweaks

Sad times, so I would need to retrofit the auto lights sensor to get leaving lights to work or CH lights without pulling on the stalk.

Is it easy to retrofit JUST the auto lights and not the wipers as well.

Centre Display?

Do you mean DIS the display in the dash board? (Between revs and speed) - If so Yes.

You should be able to manually select them on within the display if its coded correctly and be able to adjust the timing from there... Menu/check or set/(small arrow at the bottom)Lights/external lights.... And see it...

Have you got that option? The Audi retrofit site I got the coding from is down at the moment

I have CH/LH lights activated on my S3, with no autolights and it works perfectly! Without the need to pull the stalk or anything like that... You simply open the door if coded correctly! The only thing about not having auto lights is that it works through the day also

Sure, that's mine. If it turns out you've got the same then I'd be very interested to see your coding! :)

(Edit, my coding for the module is as follows)

Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) Labels: 8P0-907-063.clb
Part No SW: 8P0 907 063 N HW: 8P0 907 063 N

Well there you go, I do indeed have different numbers.

Code:
Address 09: Cent. Elect.        Labels: 8P0-907-279-30-H.lbl
   Part No SW: 8P0 907 279 N    HW: 8P0 907 279 N

So it is a different module. Interesting.

You should be able to manually select them on within the display if its coded correctly and be able to adjust the timing from there... Menu/check or set/(small arrow at the bottom)Lights/external lights.... And see it...

Have you got that option? The Audi retrofit site I got the coding from is down at the moment

I have those options yeah - They are both selected with the CH lights having a time on them (they work with a tug of the stalk..)

I have CH/LH lights activated on my S3, with no autolights and it works perfectly! Without the need to pull the stalk or anything like that... You simply open the door if coded correctly! The only thing about not having auto lights is that it works through the day also

that wouldn't bother me at all!

Well there you go, I do indeed have different numbers.

Code:
Address 09: Cent. Elect.        Labels: 8P0-907-279-30-H.lbl
   Part No SW: 8P0 907 279 N    HW: 8P0 907 279 N

So it is a different module. Interesting.

Mine is

Code:
Address 09: Cent. Elect.        Labels: 8P0-907-063.lbl
   Part No SW: 8P0 907 063 G    HW: 8P0 907 063 G

SO again the same as SJ and different to your S3 S3_trev

Ah well... Strange 1... But if thats all it needs then not the worst I suppose.. As long as it works is the main thing

Yeah no biggie. In fact it may even be seen as an advantage, if for some reason you don't want the lights to come on, don't tug the stalk.

Hi guys I got as far as taking block E out. Can someone clarify which alot is pin 12?

I've taken a photo for reference. Any help is great thanks

Will

esunazah.jpg