A REVO re map for the 3.2 :) mmmm

• Thread starter imported_S_Line
  • Start date
I

imported_S_Line

Just got a Email in from one of the TOP Revo Tuning Companies ( Clive Atthowe)

Hes informed me that Revo have been working on some 3.2 A3s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

|This is what i like to hear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

and about time too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ill keep you all informed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

We've had a map for the R32 for some time (costs £339), so it was just a matter of time before the A3 V6 was sorted.

Your looking about 15bhp and 15lb ft improvement and much better throttle response.

Went I dropped my car off at Fontain earlier this week to have it fixed one of the guys gave me a lift to the station in their project 3.2 (it's standard at the min) he said they were expecting the code for the 3.2 by the end of the week from Revo to try on their car - I was very impressed with how smooth the 3.2 is, made me think I wanted a new car nearly as much as the S6 in the showroom!

Would love to see a dyno graph.

Is it a standard program for all 3.2s, or is each ecu remapped individually?

Is there any benefit in doing a remap after mild mods (intake, exhaust, cats), compared to doing the remap before the mods?

TIA,

ben.

Im about to book the 3.2 in with Clive Atthowe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

He now has the NEW revo Map /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rolling Road graphs and a FULL unbiasaed write up Very Soon guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well its at Clives now, Its having some extensive mapping, i popped my head in the door this afternoon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ill be collecting late tomorrow afternoon for some testing of my own /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

do they limit the torque still because of DSG?

Why would they do that, as it has a rating a least as high as the manual box?

Where do these myths start? Answers on a postcard please.....

Mines got about 300lb ft going through without any problems.

Let us know how it goes and what the cost was ......................

Thanks STEVE......

several tuning experts started the 'rumors' about 12 months ago, when i got my 3.2 almost all the places I sounded out said they would limit the torque on dsg boxes until they had been tested.

Its odd then that Porsche are to use a derivation of the DSG box for their higher output engines, in preference to a manual box.

The Revo techies say the DSG box is better than the manual box for handling the power, which might be something to do with the twin oil bath clutches, as opposed to a dry plate clutch.

The V6 develops the same torque as the 2.0TDi (236lb ft), when remapped the 2.0Tdi develops close to 300lb ft, whereas the V6 only makes 251lb ft. so I'm sure a remapped 3.2 is not going to have an issue with DSG.

i hope so - that would be good news. i just checked amd's site (one that perviously claimed to limit the torque) and they dont mention it anymore, so i guess i can get it done without worrying!

OK Ive collected the Car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Clive has informed me that there are Throttle response settings that can be changed in the map. Revo has recommended 3 (out of 10 ) for the throttle response.

He said he can change it for me if i'm not happy at any time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I only had a 2 mile drive home and only had the chance to overtake 1 car as it was rush hour. So i cant really comment on the throttle response until i take it out for a proper test drive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

the New Power graph will be up soon as soon i can scan it in, but its approx 16 bhp more and 16 lbs torque

So not a massive difference, but we can now play around with the throttle response part of the map /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Its back at the dealers over the next 2 days to change the front fogs and rear clusters as they have water in them , so will not be able to try it out properly until the week end.

Ill keep you all informed.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif
but on intitial start up of the car it sounded far more Aggressive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

and yes ive been told there are Torque limitations built into the ecu /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif so not sure if and how these can be by passed with a remap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Still havent driven it !!! But heres the map

a3graphrevo.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
That's a good set of figures, let us know what its like to drive when you get a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

im out for a drive in the morning.. fisrst stop is at CLives to change the Throttle responce from setting 3 to 8 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

270ft/lbs. Am I reading this right. That is a big gain.

OK only had a quick drive over the weekend.

Gear changes when using manual DSG feel more aggressive.
Its hard to explain but less like a automatic change, and more like a Manual Change, quick and punchy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

There feels more power higher up the rev range also.
Nothing blinding, but i can feel a difference.

We have changed the Throttle response from 3 to 8. But may have another change to see what difference it makes later in the week.

Havent driven the car for a while, Its back at Clives shortly as REVo have updated the MAP as they are constantly working on the 3.2 map to make it better and better.

Details soon to follow.

This is something i would defo like to do once i get my car, any updates on what revo are doing now witth the map. 265BHP is pretty good, add an intake and filter and prob push above 270BHP...nice!

looks like you'll need a milltek exaust system and a bmc filter to match that remap, sould be a real compliment to it, i happen to have both of those for a 3.2 for sale :yes:

pm me if you're interested

I had a stage 2 remap by VAG-check on my 3.2 and very pleased with it. Haven't had a chacne to dyno it yet, but at the top end the difference in acceleration is very noticeable through the gears. It's not a massive gain but certainly noticeable and worth it if you can get it for a good price.... ;)