• 1 Post By mjr901
  • 1 Post By N8
  • 5 Post By BCS Nige

Thread: BCS/Milltek Hybrid?

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status

BCS/Milltek Hybrid?

So I have a full turbo back Milltek....

My Milltek 100 cell downpipe is in need of a proper TIG repair in the usual place...I'm now after a De-cat.

Does anyone know if a BCS downpipe will mount to the rest of my Milltek? I'm guessing no, mounted differently?

But would like to know for sure if anyone knows?
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    From what I've heard, seems like BCS could do you a bespoke solution using their products?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by batch View Post
    From what I've heard, seems like BCS could do you a bespoke solution using their products?
    eeeeek the 'bespoke' word means many many £ signs.

I'm either going to buy a new Milltek de-cat, then repair the 100 cell and sell on to recoup my costs

or....

I have noticed this BCS in the classifieds, so weighing up that option too, just these fitment issues?

If I were to buy the BCS on here, then have to get it re worked to fit, it will outweigh the cost of buying a Milltek i'd have thought which 100% will fit.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,

5th Gear

Status
    Why not try the eBay downpipe/decat, looks like it mates perfectly to a milltek system.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfworth View Post
    Why not try the eBay downpipe/decat, looks like it mates perfectly to a milltek system.
    I emailed him the other day, it needs to be 'adjusted' (bent) to miss the prop on Quattro models, not sure how easy that would be to get right or if it'll be a good fit to a Milltek(?)

Bit in the dark really, probably have to stick with a Milltek to guarantee an easy 'bolt on' fitment.

Wish I had the time and importantly money to have a proper play with them all. :-(
    Last edited by mjr901; 23rd April 2014 at 23:08.

5th Gear

Status
    Milltek decat £405
    Turborevs (eBay) down pipe £149

£256 saving, surely some custom exhaust place could modify it to fit for less than 250 quid.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfworth View Post
    Milltek decat £405
    Turborevs (eBay) down pipe £149

£256 saving, surely some custom exhaust place could modify it to fit for less than 250 quid.
    You'd have thought so but fabrications means car off the road, I need the car to get to work.

Hence looking for an 'easy on' approach.
    smurfworth likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Why don't you get the Milltek TIG welded? BTW, I think all Milltek DP's are 200 cell??

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nluk100 View Post
    Why don't you get the Milltek TIG welded? BTW, I think all Milltek DP's are 200 cell??
    Incorrect. Both are available.

I could get it repaired, but want a fast turn around and a DECAT.

I'll repair the 100 cell and re sell.

2nd Gear

Status
    There are only 2 downpipes listed on the Milltek website for the S3 8P (I have access to the dealer site with more info) - one is 200cell (as far as I can work out!), the other is a de-cat (for race applications)???

Won't you need to keep the cat anyway for the MOT?

Cheers

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nluk100 View Post
    There are only 2 downpipes listed on the Milltek website for the S3 8P (I have access to the dealer site with more info) - one is 200cell (as far as I can work out!), the other is a de-cat (for race applications)???

Won't you need to keep the cat anyway for the MOT?

Cheers
    My local independent is a Milltek dealer and he ordered a 100cell for an S3 about 2-3 months ago from Milltek.

They just said it'll take 10 days, so guess they'll make it if you require it.

So although it may not state on the website they'll still produce you one. Which is nice....

My system I think from memory is from 2008, so fairly early in the grand scheme of things.

So the default cats given out do seem to have changed to 200 cell though as displayed on the website.

MOT isn't a problem

I'm awaiting on a quote from my independent, and being in the trade anyway I should be able to have it a bit cheaper than most.

We shall see..
    Last edited by mjr901; 24th April 2014 at 11:00.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Sell the Milltek get full powervalve Mike, sounds MENTAL on my ED30.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Sell the Milltek get full powervalve Mike, sounds MENTAL on my ED30.
    Budget doesn't allow

At least when I sell my downpipe and replace with a decat then I should be able to claw most of the money back as 100 cells are a wee bit dearer.

Neutral

Status
    Nice one Nath
    Yes buy one of the Powervalves and we'll fit it and repair your Milltek so that you can sell it
    Cheers
    nige
    N8, S., smurfworth and 2 others like this.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    There you go Mike, GOD aka Nigel has spoken!

Status
    Budget budget budget

Id have one in a heartbeat, but if your interested in repairing my Miltek downpipe anyway....chuck me a quote?

Picture of cracked weld in my build thread in my sig. Was poorly MIG welded last year, and hasn't last long...Think it needs TIG? So would need tidying up a little before the new weld.

2nd Gear

Status
    Interesting thread this, I currently have a Miltek Catback on mine but found out from the MOT last week there is a play in the flexi joint.

Now i'm in two minds to just get a spares full systems from a breaker or look at getting a sports cat. I'm not too keen on the Miltek though to be honest, I think it sounds quite 'tinny' sometimes. I would also love a BCS Powervalve system but don't have anywhere near enough budget for it right now. So my question is, is it possible to get a BCS downpipe to fit a Miltek Catback?
    Current:
    8P2 S3 Phantom Black | Sunroof, RNS-E, AMI, FBMFSW, Bluetooth, Auto lights & wipers, CHL, LED Interior light pack, Black Styling pack, Miltek Catback, MY11 rear lights and remapped by Unicorn Motor Developments

Previous:
    8P2 A3 2.0 TDI 170 S Line Quattro Grey | Remapped
    8L A3 1.9 Tdi 100 Sport Black | Remapped to 130

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BCS Nige View Post
    Nice one Nath
    Yes buy one of the Powervalves and we'll fit it and repair your Milltek so that you can sell it
    Cheers
    nige
    this is an offer you can't refuse.
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...