Audi a3 2ltr tdi manifold flap

Jonesy76

Reaction score
Hi all had a engine management light on and run a scan and It said manifold flap ground , took manifold flap off and it was stuck should it move freely and will running my car with this fault do it damage and where is best price to get this part thanks for reading .

I have one sitting at home bud if needed

usually anything stg 2+ they remove the manifold flaps but you need the manifold off...buy it of dan you'll be fine its no biggie i wouldnt think its just cold starts will be a problem if memory serves me right

Is it the egr flap motor bit your after ? As allard kit deletes that motorsport one
I have two now as just done roadsport kit on my a3 the other day

usually anything stg 2+ they remove the manifold flaps but you need the manifold off...buy it of dan you'll be fine its no biggie i wouldnt think its just cold starts will be a problem if memory serves me right

The only thing that's bugging me is the engine management light on because of manifold flap I have cleared it with vag tech but it keeps coming back on because of it !!

If it is the intake manifold flap or anti-shudder valve, than you have to change it. It can't be repaired and the EML won't go away.
You can do fine with that flap broken but in case of turbo failure, when the oil will get into the intake and into the engine, you won't be able to shut it off and will get ruined.
That valve helps shut off the engine smoothly and to shut it off when goes on oil.

Also you should check the fuses. Ussually when the valve brakes it also buns one or two fuses. I don't remember which ones.

Yes your right about the fuses they were 10 amp ones which kept blowing there fine now though and also my interior lights don't work I've tried fuses and there ok it's doing my head in now the bulbs are ok aswell ?? Any clues on how to fix

I don't have a manifold I have egr at home two of them engineer

Its a diesel not a petrol..