2006 2.0tfsi rough idle and reving up at lights

Kieran93

Reaction score
Hi folks,

i have recently purchased my 2006 2.0tfsi and I have had nothing but trouble since I bought it from a local car dealer, not naming names but it's a Renault dealer in bury.

My latest problem worries me slightly, it has just covered 66k. I was driving along the motorway for 20 minuets or so before I came off, as I got to the bottom of the slip road and went into neutral the revs half at 3000rpm. I switched the engine off and and started again, this time it sounds like it has a major misfire and idles all over the place, after 30 seconds or so the revs start to creep up to 3000rpm again then drops again and idles rough.

Your knowledge would be greatly appreciated in helping cure this fault.

p.s I have felt the car has been underpowered before this but just thought I had got used to the power.

Many thanks

kieran

PCV valve. Known issue. Is it really hard to remove the oil cap when the engine is running?

The part is (iirc) £20 with a new gasket included. Dead easy job, couple of screws to replace. Use a touch of oil on the gasket before fitting and use the chance to clean out your pipes with petrol.

Pcv

Pic swiped from vagoc.

Hi wuta3,

The cap isn't particularly hard to remove but there is a small vacuum when I remove it and there is a change in idle speed.

While I was inspecting I noticed that "great" dealership in bury has left a number of bolts loose.

Looks like I will be having a trip to Audi and getting my tools out. I will let you know how I get on.

Many thanks

Hi, just a quick idea, I finally got around to fitting a new breather valve and it drives like a dream again.

Only 5 mins to fit. Thanks for all your help