on my way to see a 2.0tdi any last minute tips...

cenci

Reaction score
just travelling around m25 to go see an a3 2.0tdi sline sportback.

had to travel as the good ones seem to be rare

any last minute pointers for things to look out for on them

I have a 2.0tdi. The only thing I have had to do to mine is replace the rear springs.
Check the ride height at both sides, have a feel around the bottom of the rear spring, you usually find the bit in there. Apart from the normal things. Log book, VIN number being the same and service history that's about it. Go for a test drive check the brakes then drive with full lock to check the CV joints.
Enjoy ;-)

Once in to 3rd gear hold the revs high and see if it goes in to limp mode.

Get it under load up a hill high ish gear that would put it in limp mode if the turbo vines are choked up

Bought it! Just out of warranty so hopefully anything that was wrong with it would of been done. 12 months mot being put on my seller tommorrow.

Only small marks on alloys which I will repair. Does anyone know the correct silver spray to use for the double 7 arm alloy from the sline?

Yeah can't wait. Sold my mk6 golf gti to rejoin the a3 club. Looking forward to picking up tommorow.

Looks nice , not far from me that place, had some nice motors there

Yeah good condition. As mentioned above the only issue was the alloy scuffs but I've done them in the past without any problems just need to figure out the best spray to match.